2015 Trip Planning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
O

Oscar Mike

We have planned our 2015 traveling season and it is shaping up to be a good year. We have several trips planned for the summer of 2015, it could be our best travel year yet.

We begin the year at Catalina State Park New Year's Rally, and then in mid-January I am doing Quartzsite, AZ (I cannot convince my wife to go to Quartzsite with me). In May it is the Palo Duro Canyon Rally in Texas. June we are finally going to see the big trees at Sequoia National Park (I know there are bigger trees, but these will do), and then we continue on our yearly trip to Roseburg, OR and the wine country thereabouts. In August we are doing 5-days in Yellowstone, and 7-days at Colter Bay (Grand Tetons).

These are our currently planned trips; if God is willing and the creek don't rise too much we'll have a banner travel year.

Tell Susan I would really like to see her join us at Quartzsite. It is NOT FANCY  but it is an experience!

Good to see others planning out the next RVing season.  Although some of you lucky ones are still in your RVing season. :(

Chrystal and I have been sitting down with our atlas and thinking as well over the past week or so.  I agree John, 2015 is looking to be a good year.  We didn't travel nearly as much in 2014 as normal and that IS going to change for next year.

We are looking to head down to St. George area and do some wheeling in April, May is Palo Duro with all our friends, June we are thining of hitting Grand Teton NP (Colter Bay), July heading up to the west side of Glacier NP but taking a different route than normal and staying in Salmon, ID for a few days exploring the area.  Then in August we will hit our annual Ouray, CO trip for some outstanding off-roading.  We also moved our annual July trip to Yellowstone to September thanks to Don and MaryAnn.  We have hit West Yellowstone every July for the past 7 or 8 years now but this past year struck us as just too damn crowded.  We were looking for somewhere to go in September when Chrystal and I had some vacation time we needed to burn up.  We decided to make a quick run up to West Yellowstone and fell in love with Yellowstone NP all over again.  We bumped into Don and MaryAnn and kidnapped them for a couple of days.  September IS the time to see that area.  Absolutely stunning colors and no crowds, the perfect combination.

We also hope to squeeze some quicky weekend or long weekend trips in there as well which is one thing we were unable to do this past season.

This sucks having to juggle our RVing around work but we still consider ourselves lucky to be able to travel as much as we do.  We were thinking of heading over the Rocky Mountain National Park in June because we had never been there but our minds kept wandering back over to Grand Teton and it has been about four years since we have been there so it won out.

If anyone is going to be in any of those areas around those times, shout out and maybe we can meet up.

I am also anxious to hear what others are planning.

Mike.

zmotorsports said:
Good to see others planning out the next RVing season.  Although some of you lucky ones are still in your RVing season. :(

We also moved our annual July trip to Yellowstone to September thanks to Don and MaryAnn.  We have hit West Yellowstone every July for the past 7 or 8 years now but this past year struck us as just too damn crowded. 

We also hope to squeeze some quicky weekend or long weekend trips in there as well which is one thing we were unable to do this past season.

This sucks having to juggle our RVing around work but we still consider ourselves lucky to be able to travel as much as we do.  We were thinking of heading over the Rocky Mountain National Park in June because we had never been there but our minds kept wandering back over to Grand Teton and it has been about four years since we have been there so it won out.

If anyone is going to be in any of those areas around those times, shout out and maybe we can meet up.

I am also anxious to hear what others are planning.

Mike.

Mike,

Susan and I have planned Yellowstone and Grand Tetons for August. If you were amiable I'd change my reservations to September to coincide with your trip.

I hope to attend at least one of FMCA Four Wheelers Rally, perhaps in St. George if they return next year.

My wife still works a full work week too, so juggling trips is a PIA at times. But after having my wife home for the last two weeks while her mother visited made us think that it might be good for her to work for a few more years...with a little more time off (family business) for traveling.

Mike, It is the  plan of  the FMCA 4 Wheelers to return to St George Utah  the last week in October.

Oscar Mike said:
Mike,

Susan and I have planned Yellowstone and Grand Tetons for August. If you were amiable I'd change my reservations to September to coincide with your trip.

I hope to attend at least one of FMCA Four Wheelers Rally, perhaps in St. George if they return next year.

My wife still works a full work week too, so juggling trips is a PIA at times. But after having my wife home for the last two weeks while her mother visited made us think that it might be good for her to work for a few more years...with a little more time off (family business) for traveling.

John, we don't have any specific dates on the calendar yet for Yellowstone in September but we are definitely going in September and would love to meet up with you and Susan during that time.  We were there the middle of this past September and it was perfect.

Mike.

Betty Brewer said:
Mike, It is the  plan of  the FMCA 4 Wheelers to return to St George Utah  the last week in October.

Betty, Chrystal and I just joined the FMCA 4-wheelers seveal weeks ago and were looking at attending that rally in St. George in October.  We hope to see you guys there.

Mike.

We will definitely be in St. George for the FMCA Rally.

Oscar Mike said:
We will definitely be in St. George for the FMCA Rally.

We'll hang loose until you firm up your travel dates to Yellowstone.

Oscar Mike said:
We'll hang loose until you firm up your travel dates to Yellowstone.

John, Chrystal and I put on the calendar September 12-19, 2015 for Yellowstone.  We generally stay @ Grizzly RV park and will make reservations after the first of the year.

Hope you and Susan are able to meet us there.  It is a beautiful time of year to see Yellowstone.

Mike.

zmotorsports said:
John, Chrystal and I put on the calendar September 12-19, 2015 for Yellowstone.  We generally stay @ Grizzly RV park and will make reservations after the first of the year.

Hope you and Susan are able to meet us there.  It is a beautiful time of year to see Yellowstone.

Mike.

Let me know when you commit and I will make changes to our reservations. I went ahead and sent a reservation request. When I called them the recording said to use the website for reservations. I understand that Grizzly is a nice place to stay.

Oscar Mike said:
Let me know when you commit and I will make changes to our reservations. I went ahead and sent a reservation request. When I called them the recording said to use the website for reservations. I understand that Grizzly is a nice place to stay.

Grizzly is a great place to stay.  One of my all time favorite campgrounds.  I will shoot off an email and request a site near you guys as it is also a very large campground.

Mike.

zmotorsports said:
Grizzly is a great place to stay.  One of my all time favorite campgrounds.  I will shoot off an email and request a site near you guys as it is also a very large campground.

Mike.

I received my confirmation back already from Grizzly RV Park for a Premium Pull-Through Site 9/12/2015 through 9/19/2015, for an extra $7.00 per day they throw in Wi-Fi.

for an extra $7.00 per day they throw in Wi-Fi.

That's highway robbery!  Are you sure that isn't for the week?

According to their rates page, free WiFi is included in the premium pull through sites.

Ned said:

According to their rates page, free WiFi is included in the premium pull through sites.

I thought that was the way they explained it to me several years ago was the premium sites have unlimited wifi and the others have a couple hours day is all.

On that note I will forwarn you to not worry about wifi in West Yellowstone.  If flat sucks and you won't be able to use it anyways.  From what I understand the entire area operates off of one cell tower and is overloaded at all times.

John, I will see about making our reservations this evening as I just tried from work but am unable to use their site.

Mike.

Ned said:

At $68.00/night it is quite expensive, the most I've paid to date. And it was only an extra $4.00/night for the WiFi with a P/T site. 

Mike/Betty:
  If the FMCA 4 Wheelers are going to do St. George the last week in October, any chance we are going to do Moab the first week in November?  I think Moab followed right after St. George this last October.  Just wondering since we too are trying to work on a travel calendar for next year.

Steve

Chrystal and I won't be able to do both due to limited vacation time.  We had to choose and seeing as how we just joined the FMCA 4-Wheelers we wanted to attend that rally in October.

I am game to meet up with any and all who want to do some mini-rallies throughout the year but due to this dang working full-time gig we won't be able to do a two week trip.

On a side note Chrystal and I are contemplating a trip to Moab towards the end of April as we don't have anything planned for that month yet.  If anyone would like to join us.  I don't have for sure dates yet though, we are just kicking it around at the moment.

Mike.

Oscar Mike said:
I received my confirmation back already from Grizzly RV Park for a Premium Pull-Through Site 9/12/2015 through 9/19/2015, for an extra $7.00 per day they throw in Wi-Fi.

John, I just submitted our request for Sept. 12 thru 18th, departing on the 19th to Grizzly RV.  Waiting on a response.  I requested to be next to our friends John and Susan, hope that is alright. :D  Also Don and MaryAnn may be working there again this year.  If so they may have a couple days off during that time frame.

Mike.

Steve N Dee said:
Mike/Betty:
  If the FMCA 4 Wheelers are going to do St. George the last week in October, any chance we are going to do Moab the first week in November?  I think Moab followed right after St. George this last October.  Just wondering since we too are trying to work on a travel calendar for next year.

Steve, At  this  point neither  a ST George rally nor a Moab rally are in our cards.  Tentative plans  in Jello have us traveling the East Coast this fall.  So many places to visit!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom