Salivating over Tracker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
I just spotted acres of fishing boats, pontoon boats and others on lots alonside the freeway. They were all shrink wrapped, and I figured this had to be the factory. Sure enough, the next thing I see is the Tracker Boats sign at their factory in Lebanon, MO. On our return trip, I'm going to see if they do factory tours. Maybe I can pick up a good deal and tow it back to CA  ???  Unlikely, because Tracker strictly controls prices throughout their sales channel, and the only discounts are fof prior year leftovers, and even that's controlled.

They are good boats and they sell almost 100% of what they make, so getting a super deal is tough, but you never know from the factory, certainly worth a try...doesn't hurt to ask!!

You looking at fiberglass or aluminum?? They make both...I had an aluminum one and loved it...

Good Luck,

Jim

Jim, I currently have an alumknum Tracker, and that's what I'd get again. I shopped around a few months ago, including making a stop at Bass Pro Shops. The Pro Team 190TX is what I'd probably get:

www.trackerboats.com/boat/?boat=3579

These current models are quite a step up from my 0ro Team 185.

That is a beautiful boat...mine was an older one that had the modified jon boat front end - a V shape but more squared off....it was about 17.5 feet or so and ran real skinny so could fish shallow with it and I liked it a bunch - only complaint I had was the noise of the aluminum hull in shallow water, you had to be very careful could spook fish for miles if you dropped something and at times when windy the hull slap was noisy as well.

But a very well built boat and I sold it for more than I had in it, so no complaints and worked it for about 4 years.

Good Luck,

Jim

Tom, check out this photo of this 2015 Pro 190TX. The guy sure looks an a lot like you.  http://www.trackerboats.com/boat/?boat=3658

Wear comfy shoes when you go to Bass Pro and leave your wallet in the car.  Well, maybe not the wallet part, just take the credit card with a reasonable credit limit.

Be sure to visit Hemingway's (restaurant) while there.  I don't know if still available, but you used to be able to get a piece of tail there...alligator tail, that is. :)

You'll be in my part of the country while there.  BTW, I remember buying fishing tackle at Bass Pro before it was actually Bass Pro.  Johnny Morris got his start by selling fishing tackle out of his father's Brown Derby liquor stores (there were several).  Handily, there was one at Glenstone and Commercial (north side of town heading toward Lake Pomme De Terre) and one on South Campbell (south side headed toward Tablerock, Taneycomo and Bull Shoals lakes).  I think those were the epitome of "convenience stores", having beer and fishing tackle in the same building.  Smart guy.

LOL Dan, that would be an earlier/lighter version of me. Attached is a picture snapped by my other half of forum staffer Jim Dick and I coming home from a quick spin in my ProTeam 185.

Attachments

• Tom_Jim_Tracker2.jpg
    Tom_Jim_Tracker2.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 48
You'll be in my part of the country while there.

I've been to a number of Bass Pro shops, but the one I was at shopping for my next tracker is near Manteca, CA.

Tom said:
I've been to a number of Bass Pro shops, but the one I was at shopping for my next tracker is near Manteca, CA.
I know, they're everywhere, they're everywhere!  But, since you mentioned Lebanon, I made the wild assumption you was talking about the main Bass Pro in Springfield, Mo.

I see the confusion, I think  ???

Didn't realize there was a BPS store in Lebanon. We just happened to be passing by on I-44, I woke up from a nap up and saw all the shrink wrapped boats, but had no idea where we were. It took a few seconds to realize/confirm I wasn't dreaming  ;D  Most of the day it rained so hard that it was tough to see anything on the side of the freeway, but this happened to a be a break in the downpour, adding to my initial belief it was a dream. Fortunately, my driver was focused on the road ahead  ;)

Tom said:
I see the confusion, I think  ???

Didn't realize there was a BPS store in Lebanon. We just happened to be passing by on I-44, I woke up from a nap up and saw all the shrink wrapped boats, but had no idea where we were. It took a few seconds to realize/confirm I wasn't dreaming  ;D  Most of the day it rained so hard that it was tough to see anything on the side of the freeway, but this happened to a be a break in the downpour, adding to my initial belief it was a dream. Fortunately, my driver was focused on the road ahead  ;)
Okay, we're not communicating here.  There is no Bass Pro store in Lebanon (that I'm aware of), just the Tracker aluminum boat factory (plus Lowe and G3).  I live near Springfield, Mo. where the original Bass Pro Shop is located.  Springfield is about 50 miles from Lebanon west on I-44.  Tracker Boats (Sun Tracker, Nitro, etc.) is owned by Bass Pro Shops headquartered in Springfield.  But, if you passed on by Springfield without stopping at the Bass Pro Shop facility there, you missed a sporting goods experience.

I believe Bass Pro shop charges the same price for the same boat at all locations.  I tried stopping at the one in
Springfield, MO thinking I might save the shipping charge. No deal on that.

Tracker controls the prices on their boats throughout the sales channel.

I go by there all the time.  But I rent my boats. I can get a pontoon boat with a BBQ grill on the back if I have a lot of people, if I'm just doing some bass fishing with a friend I can get a bass boat.  I can't tow a boat, motorcycle and a car.  :)

I can't tow a boat, motorcycle and a car.

I don't normally need to tow a boat. We live on the water and have a small fleet moored behind the house. When I want to go fishing, I lower a hydrohoist and take off.

Occasionally, when we're in the coach, I wish I had a boat along, and I've vacillated between the options.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leblanc77
Back
Top Bottom