2014 Journey "Big Shower" door issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RogerE

We own a 2014 Winnebago Journey 42E with the "Big Shower".  The shower has two movable doors that travel on a curved track.  The doors are a nuisance - they either jam or jump out of the bottom track on a regular basis.  They are retained at the bottom with two pins that are always working loose and rotating.  The bottom track also collects a lot of dirt and is not easy to clean.

We are considering either removing the doors and replacing them with a shower curtain, or maybe someone can suggest another solution.

Removing the doors and replacing them with a shower curtain would be a snap if we could locate some type of hardware to hang the curtain on that would travel in the existing track.  If you have done so successfully we would appreciate knowing where you got the hardware.  Thanks in advance for any he or suggestions.

Hi Roger. I know exactly what you're talking about. We had a shower door like that in one of our previous motorhomes and it was a PITA. We've got the "Big shower" in our current MH but ours has a single swinging door that works great. Do you have room for that type of door?

Kev

We are considering replacing the entire shower enclosure with one that has either a swinging or straight (not curved) sliding door.  The issue now is that the doors are on the part of the shower enclosure that is a 90 degree curve.  We would need a different enclosure to go with a straight door.

This is a reply to an old post. But if anyone needs the correct lower shower door roller assembly, including plastic parts and springs for the 42E shower door order part numbers CP710-R and CP710-L.
Order from Coastal Shower Doors 904-642-3974. The part numbers listed contain three complete assemblies. I ordered two of each for a total of 42.00. I received a total of 12 roller assemblies.

Back
Top Bottom