How much do you pay per month for storage.........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In Windsor, Ontario, outside storage on stone in a gated storage facility with in and out priviledged  $50.00 a month and I was going to complain.  I won't now.
Leo

carbuff34 said:
In Windsor, Ontario, outside storage on stone in a gated storage facility with in and out priviledged  $50.00 a month and I was going to complain.  I won't now.
Leo

$50 Canadian?  Bet your bippy you have nothing to complain about.  <eating my heart out>

Southern California- $139.00-175.00 for outside, uncovered for a 40' space. I'm in the 139.00 now. It was 75.00 for just an 18' space for my flatbed car hauler.

$100 in Northern California for my 28' Car Hauler outside, you have to shop around, there are some ripoffs out there.

Here in Leesburg, VA storage runs $120/month and up but no one has any available space.  I eventually found a space outside of Frederick MD (about 20 miles from my house) at $60/month

Here in Riverside, CA. I pay $89.00 a month for outside storage on dirt. Its secure. I had about 7 quotes from $89 to $225 per month.
Storage seems to be a great business for the people that own them. ;)

Perhaps I'm not getting hosed as  much as I thought.

$195/month gets me a 42' x 14'w x 16'h fully enclosed metal garage. Lighted with electric hookup.  Owner SAYS he's gonna put in a dump facility and a wash-pad when the rest of the construction is complete... though I'm not holding my breath :)

I had some questions for those of you with indoor storage.  Due to fire regulations in your area, are you required to have empty LP tanks or filled fuel tanks?  I know that in general fire marshals have specific guidelines when bringing a vehicle indoors, but I'm guessing that storage facilities are considered garages more than they are considered "indoors".  Also, do you need to purchase special insurance like renters insurance?

-Dave

cougar3514v said:
I had some questions for those of you with indoor storage.  Due to fire regulations in your area, are you required to have empty LP tanks or filled fuel tanks?  I know that in general fire marshals have specific guidelines when bringing a vehicle indoors, but I'm guessing that storage facilities are considered garages more than they are considered "indoors".  Also, do you need to purchase special insurance like renters insurance?
-Dave

My storage place requires that the main LP valve be turned off.  Sometimes I look around at the 40 or so large RVs in there with their gas/diesel & propane tanks and think, "If one of these goes, they're all gonna go."

As to insurance, the paperwork they have you sign has all sorts of disclaimers that they are not responsible for fire, theft, or any damage to your vehicle -- you have to have your own insurance.

We bought our condo storage in Lake Havasu City, AZ.  Paid $32,000.00 for it.  I kind of figure our $125.00 interest payment in what we would be paying for rental, but I actually think it's more like $185.00 they charge here.  It's completly enclosed with metal sides and worly birds.  It's perfect for us.  Remember we had the RV parked in our backyard and rats got to our wiring two different times.  OUCH!

glad we have no rats here in Tempe - no homeowners association either - rv parked inside my gate in back/side yard. level pad, tires on wood 2/12's - and a 30 amp plug for when I  need to run the a/c. will need to upgrade the gate for a class A - but pretty minor detail. one of the reasons we haven't moved - I really like haing the rv in my yard  - so easy to pack and unpack.
thanks for all your posts - I think we;ll stay here in Az.

Currently I have access to a warehouse at work for free but that could change any time. The going rate in the Sacramento area is $5 per foot for indoor storage and that usually includes monthly start ups and minor maintenance like airing tires and topping fluids when you pick up. Most will wash and wax for a fee. No frills outdoor storage runs $50-$60 per month.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom