Dometic fridge to cold

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rrobbins

In my 200 Fleetwood Elkhorn the Dometic RM2453 fridge is getting too cold on gas and 120v.  Haven't tried 12v.  At the lowest setting it is still getting to about 32 degrees.  This is right at the fins tho.

It does not have a thermistor which I can slide up or down.  It has what appears to be a thermostat type sensor with a gas filled metal tube.  I don't know of any other adjustments for the temperature.  The past weekend it was ok as long as I didn't put my veggies up top but I am concerned in colder weather that I won't be able to keep it above freezing.

Any ideas?  I can't find any info on how to test the thermostat.

GO HERE!

REGULATING ThE TEMPERATURE [/color]The refrigerator is equipped with a thermostat that can be [/color]adjusted by turning the knob B to different setting to maintain [/color]the desired cabinet temperature. [/color]Gas operation [/color]? [/color]At "OFF, the thermostat closes its main valve and the [/color]burner runs continuously at the bypass rate, just enough to [/color]keep the burner lit. [/color]? [/color]At "MAX", the thermostat allows the burner to remain on [/color]high flame continuously. [/color]AC operation (230-240 V AC) [/color]? [/color]At "OFF, the contacts in the thermostat are open and the [/color]heating elements are off. [/color]? [/color]At "MAX", the heating element is "ON" continuously. [/color]Lowest cabinet and freezer temperatures are obtained at [/color]this setting. [/color]The thermostat can be adjusted between "MAX" and "OFF" [/color]to obtain the desired cabinet temperature. The closer the knob [/color]is to "MAX" - the colder the cabinet temperature. The closer [/color]the knob is to "OFF" - the warmer the cabinet temperature. [/color]When the thermostat reaches the set temperature, it will cut [/color]the burner back to bypass or, in electric operation (230- [/color]240 V AC), shut off the heating element. The setting of the [/color]thermostat is not critical, but we recommend it be adjusted [/color]to maintain a dry frost on the cooling fins. Adjust the ther- [/color]mostat knob closer to "MAX" when the outside temperature becomes warm.

You should be able to adjust the temperature!!

Good Luck

Jim

I can adjust it but the lowest setting is still too cold.  Thats the problem.

Do you see any difference between the lowest and highest setting, or are they all the same. If same, sounds like the thermostat is stuck on/near "Max", regardless of the knob position. Since the thermostat and its sensor inside the fridge is the same for all three modes, it is the most likely culprit if they all act the same.

Instead of measuring temperature right at the fins, place a thermometer in a glass of water and set it on a shelf. With the thermostat knob set at midpoint, Dometic says the reading should be about 40 degrees.

You can find a service manual for your fridge here:
www.bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/rm2510_52.pdf

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom