12/13/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yolo

Today's date is a series, 12/13/14.  This won't happen again in my lifetime.  Next time is 01/02/03 in 88.06 years.

Now back to coming up with other useless stuff.  :)

yolo said:
Today's date is a series, 12/13/14.  This won't happen again in my lifetime.  Next time is 01/02/03 in 88.06 years.

Now back to coming up with other useless stuff.  :)

The big news in Las Vegas is the throngs of couples lining up to be married today.

How about 1/2/34?  Some of you kids may live that long. ya think?  Only 20 years.

Some may even make 2/3/45.

Just Lou said:
How about 1/2/34?  Some of you kids may live that long. ya think?  Only 20 years.

Some may even make 2/3/45.

I would be 82.....conceivable, but given my love of fried food, beer, and fast cars, unlikely.  That's saying nothing of how I defiled my body in my 20's (hey, it was the 80's). 

Fun stuff to ponder though....

We were discussing like dates this morning

I mentioned March 14th (Pi day) and our music director mentioned that next spring it will be 31.15  (Pi truncated to 4 places) His musician mother said that no it's the next march 3.14.16 Pi Rounded to 4 places.

Alas I had to side with His Mother.. (The 5th place is a 9).

Frizlefrak said:
I would be 82.....conceivable, but given my love of fried food, beer, and fast cars, unlikely.  That's saying nothing of how I defiled my body in my 20's (hey, it was the 80's). 

Fun stuff to ponder though....

Question Frizlefrak. Did you leave out women??  ;D

John From Detroit said:
Speaking of dates if I were to say Halloween (31-OCT) is Precisely equal to Christmas (25-DEC) would I be Correct or not and why?

The octal numeral system, or oct for short, is the base-8 number system, and uses the digits 0 to 7. Numerals can be made from binary numerals by grouping consecutive digits into groups of three (starting from the right).

The decimal (base ten or occasionally denary) numeral system has ten as its base. It is the most widely used numeral system.

In decimal, place values are ... 1,000 100 10 1.

In octal, place values are ... 512 64 8 1

Thus 31 in octal is 3x8 + 1, or 25 in decimal (2x10 + 5).

As an aside, in binary place values are 8 4 2 1. Hence the quip, "There are 10 sorts of people - those who understand binary, and those who don't." (1x2 + 0 = 2)

Back
Top Bottom