EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Help for the crank and your back!  (Read 2329 times)

philnoklahoma

Help for the crank and your back!
« on: December 13, 2014, 01:13:24 PM »
Just stumbled across this socket that was designed to handle your cranking up the top.  I found I could raise the roof okay but sometimes needed an extra breath to do so.  Found this link for the socket help https://www.customcylindersintinc.com/socket_jenie_sockets.htm. Tried to show this as a link but may have been tech challenged, lol.  Anyway the web address is valid.  The socket will allow the crank to work with a drill but also your hand crank in case power is not available.  Seems to be cheaper than replacing your manual crank up system on the pup.  My first attempt at this :) so be kind.

Staff edit: Make URL hot
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 02:47:52 PM by Ned »

cadee2c

• ---
  • If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.
Re: Help for the crank and your back!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 03:23:10 PM »
The link worked. :)
Caryl- Pilot
Bob- Navigator
Mister Hank - homeland security
Buddy the Dog-  Soul Mutt, forever in our hearts.

1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor
2010 Jeep Liberty

Follow your arrow, wherever it points

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 03:40:08 PM »
Good link for those who need special tools,, Many jacks use a 3/4 inch nut, same as the lugs on many cars, And a standard drill with a the proper socket and adapter work fine... Or a power tire lug removal device (i have both)
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.

Great Horned Owl

• ---
  • Lake county, IL
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 08:23:32 PM »
Good link for those who need special tools,, Many jacks use a 3/4 inch nut, same as the lugs on many cars, And a standard drill with a the proper socket and adapter work fine... Or a power tire lug removal device (i have both)

I tried that, but my cordless drill just didn't have enough torque. I ended up getting a cordless impact driver. it is slow, but has loads of torque.

I thought of it when I  saw one on a close out sale at Ace. The thing cost me $18, and included the Li battery, charger, an assortment of bits, and a nice zipper carrying bag. Oddly, I thought about getting a spare battery, but it was $20.

Joel
Joel & Dorothy
Retired electronics engineer. Avid photographer, paddler & birder.
2011 Silverado 2500HD, Duramax, 4x4,crew cab, 8' bed
Palomino Puma 253-FBS  27' 5th wheel
1994 19' Class B Horizon / Chevy

Alfa38User

• ---
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 10:59:08 AM »
The requirement for a 1/2" drill chuck will likely limit its usefulness. Not many carry that big a drill, especially in the cordless variety..... But it may work fine for you!!!
Stu
Montréal, Canada 🍁
Snowbird, Naples Florida
Alfa Gold 38 (2000) 5ver (parked!)

"Of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advise!!!"

Hoosier Daddy

• ---
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 05:17:31 AM »
Even though I have gone to a TT our first was a Coleman Pup. Those sockets are handy! You need a heavy duty drill 18v Li minimum, 24v is better. Over on another Pup specific forum they warn about using cordless "impacts" the hammering can cause damage either to shearing the roll pins or the small friction disc in the lift system.... YMMV
Scott & Rhonda
Kendallville, IN.

TT: 2011 Dutchmen 265BHS
TV: 2013 Ford F-150 S-Cab

"Don't do anything during the Day that will cause you to loose sleep at Night"

chengdave2003

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 05:17:54 PM »
I just picked up a new Rockwood A121HW with a manual tongue jack.  I didn't like cranking it at all so I made an adapter to replace the crank handle.  Our first time out I had a hitch pin installed so I could go back to the handle easily, but my cordless impact drill handled raising and lowering the tongue just fine, so when we returned I replaced the pin with a screw and nut (I'm keeping the handle handy in case my drill craps out....).

Hosted by Over The Network