Battery Shut-off/winter-other

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mimic

My wife and I bought a used DP about six weeks ago. Between the wife's and my schedules we decided, with regret, to winterize and store the MH for the year.  I have a couple of questions.  Do I need to disconnect (shut-off switch) the batteries when my MH is in storage if I have a solar panel?  Is it better to dump air while the coach is in storage?  Can I store for the winter on uneven ground/driveway with the hydraulic jacks leveling the coach?

It ain't easy being stupid!

You'll have two sets of batteries on your coach - the chassis battery(ies) and the house batteries. I suspect the solar panel is charging the house batteries. We've found that phantom loads will run down both the chassis batteries and the house batteries, so I always turn off the battery switches when in storage. In your case, you could turn off only the chassis batteries or also the house batteries.

I don't normally dump air before putting the coach in storage, although many folks do. Over time, the air bleeds off anyway, so it doesn't really seem to matter if I dump air or not.

If you don't plan on leaving the refridgerator on, it probably doesn't make much difference if you use the jacks to level the coach or not.

Others may have differing opinions and advice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom