workamping website

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shoeless Rver

I'm trying to figure out if it is necessary to pay a website membership in order to find a workamping job. I have seen other websites but they don't appear to have current openings. Workampers.com states they have access to currently opened positions but I want to hear from someone who has had experience with this website before I pay for a membership.

I am a workamper member and have been for a couple years and have always secured a winter location.

For $33.00 it is worth it...they always seem to have positions advertised and you can list a resume there...

Just my 2 cents...

Jim

We used workamper.com for 7 years and were very happy with the places we found for employment. It's best for commercial campgrounds, though. If you are seeking volunteer positions, or contract work at federal campgrounds, there are other ways to find those.  For example, http://volunteer.gov/

Some of the big recreational service contractors have their own website, E.G Recreation Resource Management and Cradle of Forestry.

This site has some tips for finding workamping jobs: http://www.snowbirdrvtrails.com/workamping.htm

Google search Workers on Wheels,RV Park Store and Workamping Jobs that's what we use have no trouble finding jobs and it's free.

I hire Workcampers and WorkKamper is the first place we advertise, then there is Workers on Wheels  and escapees.

So, how far in advance do you start looking to make a move? It would appear there is some needed advance planning. The ads I've seen so far are for spring and summer of 2015.

We hired for next summer mid October.  We have found that the best work campers have positions by late November.  Of course there are times that with that much advance,  things can happen and we need to fill before summer.  So, if you haven't already found a gig, keep your eyes open for something to reopen.  When I have a replacement position I will usually post it here in the forum.

The positions I hire aren't typical when you think work campers, Before I started I thought campground worker, bathroom cleaning, fire-pit raking grounds keeping.  The jobs I hire for are sales associates in a bookstore at Yellowstone NP.  There are a few couples here on the forum that work for our organization. 

We have 6 hr days, 5 day weeks.  at most locations.  Some positions are different. 

We always tried to lock in our next summer's gig by January, which means shopping in late fall. The best jobs get filled early, and the best workampers are searching for them early.

Some parks need staff by March or April, so they are looking to have commitments around the first of the year. In northern regions, campgrounds may not open until May and the hiring can be a bit later.

Google    Camp Host    Paid camp host  work camping        and different variations of these.  Workcamping.com does a great job and actively seeks to keep up with the market.  The value of the site is there are many listings all over the nation, giving you more options and additional locations.  Being cheep, I use Google and have a position every time I wanted one!

It is illegal to work or to hire a worker who does not have work authorization. That means that you cannot work in the USA on a tourist visa.

Some employers might report those non-cash benefits as "compensation", and you could end up being deported  ;)

Back
Top Bottom