Indio FMCA Rally Jan 7 - 11, 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ken & Sheila

Site Team
Sheila and I along with a few others will be at the rally. I know some are camping offsite, but we intend to onsite at the rally.
Who else is coming to Indio?

ken

We'll be there in the handicap electric section, which is usually spread all over the place.

Wendy, Mike, and Gordon

garyb1st said:
What do they do at these rally's?

Western Area FMCA rally at Indio (and most FMCA regional rallies) have the following activities:

RV related seminars
New Coach displays
Usually some RV service provided by vendors
Vendor display - selling RV and non-RV irems
3 Nights of entertainment

See the attached for more info:
http://wafmca.com/wp-content/uploads/wmha_rally_2015.pdf

ken

We have plans to spend that weekend in Palm Springs who are coming in for the month. We'll be there Friday and Saturday nites. Let us know what plans are being made for happy hours or dinner. Thanks

Ray and I will be there is year.  We are camping at Indian Waters.

Gary, you should come to Indio. Lots of good info at the seminars. And you'll have fun.

Wendy

Ken & Sheila said:
Sheila and I along with a few others will be at the rally. I know some are camping offsite, but we intend to onsite at the rally.
Who else is coming to Indio?

ken

Ken, I need to quit looking at all of these rallies that you keep posting up info on.  It really makes it hard to work. ;D

Mike.

zmotorsports said:
Ken, I need to quit looking at all of these rallies that you keep posting up info on.  It really makes it hard to work. ;D

Mike.

Sorry it too so long for me to see this, I was at work. ;D ;D

ken

Mike, you just have to do whatever it take's to move your retirement up.

Becks said:
Mike, you just have to do whatever it take's to move your retirement up.

Chrystal and I are working on it Gary, but we are still at least 9 years or so if away if everything works out.  We are dumping as much as possible into our portfolio and God willing we should be able to have our coach paid off by mid-2015 sometime so there is a bunch more each month going in.

Chrystal and I think about retirement a lot but on the flip side, don't want to wish our lives away.  We look forward to it but are grateful we are able to do so much traveling now.

We just wish we could see our many friends more frequently at these rallies and gatherings.

Mike.

Mike,

>>Chrystal and I think about retirement a lot but on the flip side, don't want to wish our lives away.  We look forward to it but are grateful we are able to do so much traveling now.<<

This is a very good view point. Look forward to the future, but enjoy the present. This will keep you level headed to make good decisions.

ken

Ken & Sheila said:
Mike,

>>Chrystal and I think about retirement a lot but on the flip side, don't want to wish our lives away.  We look forward to it but are grateful we are able to do so much traveling now.<<

This is a very good view point. Look forward to the future, but enjoy the present. This will keep you level headed to make good decisions.

ken

Thanks Ken.  That is exactly our plan, look forward to retirement but enjoy our time now and travel as much as time will allow.

Mike.

Chrystal and I think about retirement a lot but on the flip side, don't want to wish our lives away.  We look forward to it but are grateful we are able to do so much traveling now.

Mike, this is a very healthy attitude and reflects how Jerry and I felt during our working years.  We were so fortunate to be able to combine work with pleasure and traveled to all the continents except Antarctica.  We also made the best of those free weekends and went whenever and wherever we could.  That's why we got our first motorhome in 1972 and have had one continually since then.  Sometimes it sat in the driveway for months and once for an entire year because we didn't have time to use it, but we got back to it as soon as we could.

We went on our first cruise about 1970 and met a lovely older lady who was traveling with her niece.  It seems she and her husband had dreamed of taking a cruise when he retired.  Well, he retired and died a few months later.  She brought her niece in his place.  Her comment to us was "You're smart to enjoy your traveling now while you're young enough to enjoy it; we waited too long."  Such a shame to dream and never fulfill it!

ArdraF

ArdraF said:
Mike, this is a very healthy attitude and reflects how Jerry and I felt during our working years.  We were so fortunate to be able to combine work with pleasure and traveled to all the continents except Antarctica.  We also made the best of those free weekends and went whenever and wherever we could.  That's why we got our first motorhome in 1972 and have had one continually since then.  Sometimes it sat in the driveway for months and once for an entire year because we didn't have time to use it, but we got back to it as soon as we could.

We went on our first cruise about 1970 and met a lovely older lady who was traveling with her niece.  It seems she and her husband had dreamed of taking a cruise when he retired.  Well, he retired and died a few months later.  She brought her niece in his place.  Her comment to us was "You're smart to enjoy your traveling now while you're young enough to enjoy it; we waited too long."  Such a shame to dream and never fulfill it!

ArdraF

Thanks Ardra, that is good advice.

I remember when Chrystal and I were waffling on the purchase of our second motorhome.  It was our first DP and quite a step up in cost from our first one.  We had been looking off and on for about six months and were really uncertain about it.  While we were sitting there contemplating it we looked on the wall behind the guys desk where we were sitting and he had a plaque with a saying on it that really hit both of us hard.  It said "If you have waited until retirement to enjoy life, you have waited too long".

We have tried to be conservative in our life together but continually reflect back on that afternoon and that plaque that said it all.  My dad was one of those people who worked his entire life and when it was time for him to enjoy his retirement, never made it.

Mike.

Back
Top Bottom