AVG run problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wizard46

Been having a lot of problems lately with my laptop, running Windows7 , some stemmed from Avast, deleted Avast and installed AVG.

After scanning with AVG, it found 38 problems, most was removed.
Several could not be removed, they all started with Inline Hook Win32.....
Anyone know what this might mean?

All these problems started with a message form Avast that an update needed to be installed. Installation cause a blue screen. I got back to where i started and stayed there. After several days of getting the update notice every day I decided to try again. Got the blue screen again and the computer really went bonkers. Still trying to get things straightened out.

Also had to delete OpenOffice as it was preventing a clean start-up also.

Any help appreciated.

I found this.  http://blog.teesupport.com/how-to-remove-inline-hook-win32k-sys-virus-from-your-computer/

Paul

What Paul pointed to should work.  Then try to find out how you acquired the virus and don't do that again :)

If those instructions don't do it, a Google search on inline hook win32k will turn up some other options.

I doubt Open Office itself was causing a startup problem.  The virus may have infected the Open Office startup program, however.  I always disable those options to load a quick start program for similar programs as they aren't needed and only use resources unnecessarily.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom