Need help identifying a connector - maybe from an antenna?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rjf7g

I have started working on the stereo and TV cabinets in our new to us 1999 American Cruiser.  This cabinet is on the inside near an antenna.  The charge controlled for a solar panel is in the same cabinet but there is nothing audiovisual in the cabinet.  The red and black wires shown in the background are not terminated and are just a mess.  This black and silver plug comes in from the side near an antenna.  What kind of plug is it?  Any help is appreciated.

I haven't tested the cabin radio since I started messing around in the cabinet.  I sure hope it still works well!  I removed an old TV that no longer works and I haven't tested another TV in the camper - I will need to test cable and OTA antenna eventually.  I relocated a coax cable and inverter to another smaller cabinet.  The coax cable was neatly wrapped as if factory installed and the inverter appeared to have been installed by a previous owner.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• photo (6).jpg
    photo (6).jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 122
I have a similar dead plug and I think it's related to my factory installed coach speakers, from a previous dish setup.

The black and silver cable looks very much like a common auto radio antenna cable.  The red and black cable is probably a power cable for some unknown (to me) device.  If you have a meter, try measuring across the red and black wires with the ignition on...then off.  If 12 volts are present when ignition is on, but not when off it is likely a power lead for "something".  If 12 volts is there constantly, it is still likely to be power for that "something", just not switched.  Since the black cable appears to be a common antenna cable and it is in the same compartment as the (probable) power lead, there was probably a radio, maybe a plain old AM/FM radio installed there at one time.

Back
Top Bottom