Checking out CGs when trip planning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill N

I know I am probably preaching to the choir with this subject but some may find it useful.  I just finished planning out a 3000 mile trip for the summer of 2015 and it involves stopping at ten campgrounds of which we have only seen two previously.  After laying out our daily goal for miles traveled, I look for a decent campground to spend a night or several nights if near one of our destinations.  I find that by reading up on Good Sam reviews and RV Park Reviews you can come away with wildly differing opinions.  One good tool that I now use to at least give me an idea of what to expect at a campground is Google Earth or one of the mapping services that allows you to zoom in overhead and perhaps offers street views if on a major street.  They say a picture is worth a thousand words and that sure is true with Google or Mapquest Satellite views.  Try it - I think you will like it.

I use RVParkReviews, Passport America, A little use of Good Sam, but the most important is Google Earth. With GE you can check out the manuverability in the CG, the sites (length, width, slope, satellite view). I been using GE for this for many years.

ken

Just used RV park reviews and Google Earth today to pick a site in a campground in Florida for next month

Back
Top Bottom