Fleetwood Keyless Entry Actuator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

8Muddypaws

We have a 2006 Bounder with keyless entry.  Or should I say it used to be keyless? 

I'm sure the key fobs are working because I can hear the relay click and the exterior lights go on when I press the unlock button. 

Chassis and house batteries are fully charged at 13.4V.

I'm sure the door buttons aren't the problem because I cleaned them and once in a while the actuator works.  Not often enough though.  I get the same results when pressing the lock/unlock rocker switch near the passenger seat.

I've tried looking for the actuator part at fleetwood.com but it takes me to a third party web site that crashes every time I try to do anything. 

I'd like to have a replacement actuator in hand before I take the panel off the door - does anybody know what exact part# it is and where to get one?

Thanks.

I would check with Fleetwood for a part number- they have been great to work with when I need part and manufacturer numbers.
go to the Fleetwood site for contact info.

I know some things used in the motorhomes can be basic automobile parts...If you pull  the panel and get the actuator out you may be able to take it to an auto parts store for a replacement heck you may be able to pull panel and spray  wd40 or penetrating lubricant on the plunger and it may start working just fine...I know on vehicles with actuators that have intermittent issues a little oil or lubricant on the moving parts fixes the issue

Once it got warm in the afternoon it started working.  That leads me to believe it's exactly that.  It needs to be cleaned out and lubed with the right kind of lubricant.

That's a project for tomorrow. 

Back
Top Bottom