New Mexico as state of residence?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foobar0

I'm getting close to retiring and I'm considering fulltiming in a Class A Motor Home. I know I'll need to establish a "state of residence" and I've seen many posts recommending South Dakota, Texas, and Florida. But I plan to spend most of my time in New Mexico. I'd like to hear any pros and cons about declaring New Mexico as my state of residence.

Thanks

Thanks for comments.

Right now it's just a pipe dream, but if I could retire as a fulltimer I'm thinking of wintering in SW NM and summering in NW NM. But my concerns right now are if there are any problems declaring NM as state of residence. For example, I saw that NM will not accept a PO Box when obtaining a driver's license. How can one get around this? I'm curious if there are any other subtle problems with declaring NM as the state of residency.

Foobar0, we?ve lived in NM for 17 years, TX for 6= before that and AZ for 3 in the mid 70?s. There are advantages in living here in that land and houses are appreciating as the tide from CA and TX increases.

As a full timer, you don?t have to be a resident to full time here, or anywhere else. You need to base your choice on what gives you the greatest personal and financial benefit. The Escapees [SKP?s] RV Club, www.escapees.com , is the place to begin and they have material that analyzes the situation for full time RVers in every state. If you want to spend a lot of time in the SW, TX and the Escapees HQ is a great place to establish residency and then use their excellent mail service to forward your mail.

Occasional visits to TX for the required vehicle inspection, on an annual basis? Are easy from eastern of southern NM. Do your homework, establish that residence with your full time rig and come on out.

Oh, the SKP?s have one of their many EV parks in SE NM between Artesia and Carlsbad that you might want to check out. If you get up to the Bel?n area, we?ve a place for you to park with elec. and water if needed while you look around here. There is also a state park a half mile away.

Back
Top Bottom