A NY New Year - not

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Chris and I normally celebrate a "New York new year" by watching the NY ball drop at 9:00pm PT (in bed), and then going to sleep. This year we're in ET, which makes it tough to celebrate the new year "3 hours early"  :(

Happy new year everyone.

Tom, I can offer you a Nova Scotian New Year but that only gives you an hour, or better would be a Newfoundland on which gives you another half hour.  However, it isn't likely you can pick up any of the activities in the US.
    Notwithstanding you dilema you and Chris have a great New Year.

Ed

Margi, best I can do...

'Blwy' pronounced as English (slang) 'Blooi'.

Each pair of 'dd' pronounced as English 'th'. FWIW 'dd' is a single letter.

The last two 'y' pronounced as English 'i' (yn' = 'in'.

Edit: Forgot to add literal translation: Year new good.

So, it would normally be included in a sentence, such as blwyddyn newydd dda i chi gyd" (happy new year to you all), but Welsh folk understand the full meaning if/when the short version is used.

Butting in.... Happy New Year all.

My W to E translator says:  " Defy your age with Cenegenics " ??

Probably should be Xenogenies.

Cheers,  Carson 2015

Nope...  Was responding to Margies question for you, referring to your Welsh line to Bob earlier.  Oh well.

" Blwyddyn newydd dda Bob. "

OK Carson, what am I missing?

Was responding to Margies question for you...

Margi asked:

What is the phonetic pronunciation?

You responded with some completely incorrect/irrelevant translation.

I'm confused.

Ok, Tom.  Sorry to be confusing.  I have no idea what that Welsh quote means,

Out of pure curiosity I simply used my Welsh to English translation program to get the meaning of the quote, i.e. what did You mean by it. I know it is none of my bizz; you might say curiosity killed the Cat. 

Will be happy to send you the link for the program. I don't know the accuracy of it; maybe you can figure it out.

No problemo.

New Year???...Did I miss something?....Doesnt feel any different, was in bed last night at 10.30

Oh well...Happy New Years all

No problem Carson. FWIW I provided the (correct) translation below.

Thanks for the offer of a link but, if your 'translator' is that far off, I have no interest in it.

Gl?ckliches neues Jahr an alle meine Freunde.  And no snow in Spring Branch.

We are in Houston and they celebrated New Years till I guess 2 or 3.  My  poor cat was all cuddle up with me, she would startle at the really loud ones, poor baby. I could have looked out the living room window and had a great view of the fireworks at the Woodlands didn't even pay attention.  We always loved fireworks and here we ae at some of the best and ignored it, must be gettin' old.

Happy New Year All!

And here its raining cats and dogs today, but not a problem.  Off the mall and other place, have umbrellas will
travel, forgot our raincoats.

Same here with one of our dogs Carolyn.

Chris is still waiting for a white Christmas.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom