Gas prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
John From Detroit said:
This is a photo I took on the way to my Daughter's this New Year's Eve

AND that is not the lowest price in the county (187 is)
The cheapest I've seen in the west was in Carson City, NV, 1.999 per gallon, for 87 octane, and the price was the same if using cash or credit. This was  on hwy 50 in Carson City.

Here in the SF area, the gasoline price varies like crazy (even when stations are across the street from each other) , but nothing is near the two dollar mark. Closer to three bucks per gallon.

-Don-  Reno, NV

Gas here (Startzville, TX) was $1.799 last Wednesday.  It's $1.859 today at the 2 stations closest to us.

Being a skeptic, I believe that the price of fuel is being allowed to drop so that additional Taxes (both State and Federal) can be levied with little opposition from the Populace.

When the Taxes are implemented the 'price' of fuel will go back up to the level needed to provide the profits desired by the oil companies.

weewun said:
Being a skeptic, I believe that the price of fuel is being allowed to drop so that additional Taxes (both State and Federal) can be levied with little opposition from the Populace.

When the Taxes are implemented the 'price' of fuel will go back up to the level needed to provide the profits desired by the oil companies.

I think you are more right than wrong...  :-\

I checked Bellingham yesterday, diesel is 2.33. Thirty miles north in Blaine, Canadian border, it is 2.79. I think they are counting on Canadians like my co-worker who crosses just to buy fuel. He has money for a new car, two motorcycles, high end restaurants and a trip to Hawaii but won't buy Canadian gas.

Diesel $2.359 at Frys in Yuma right now. I thought I was doing good by filling at $2.759 on New Years Day. I didn't want to break camp to fill up when the prices started upward. Anybody got bets on when the rise comes?

Ken

weewun said:

Nah, I think the Saudis are trying to kill our shale oil industry boom.....
but
I wouldn't doubt that the progressives will jump onto your idea in a heartbeat

Also, i haven't looked at the numbers now in a couple years, but the oil companies profit margin isn't as high as you might think.  It's much smaller than the government's take per gallon..... and on top of that, regulations force the seasonal additive blends which drive production costs up... so in reality the government punches us double time on gas.

Filled at Costco in Roseburg, Oregon today for $1.899 per gallon.  Pumping your own gasoline is not legal in Oregon and must be pumped by an attendant, so we're usually near the high end of the scale.

Back
Top Bottom