Selling Travel Photography

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hamiltonrandy

My wife and I have been full timing for over 2 years and I have built up quite a library of images. We decided to start selling them at festivals around the US and online, it has been nice because it pays for gas and more. Anyone else here ever sell their photos? Really combines full timing with making income a reality.

Hu:

I sell my work at shows and via a website.  I would like to know where you are getting your sales and what is your internet sales market?  You can see my work at my website: www.skylightartists.com  Look under the name Ronald Marabito.

How about posting a few of your shots.  There are several good photographers on this forum.

You have some very interesting photos, or should i say artwork. Do you make a living at it, or is it just a hobby? I have been doing most of my online sales after someone meets me at a show, but even then most of my sales come in person. Seems the best success i have is when I taylor my inventory for a show to the area, such as I will go out and shot for a week or so before the show to have local images. Seems that I usually sell out of what I have. i also find great deals on frames and almost all of my sales are framed prints, rather than matted. I try for niche markets also, like on the eastern shore of Maryland \they have skipjack races and when i go there I sell alot of skipjack photos, mostly as souvenirs. What ever it takes I guess. I am currently creating a coffee table book with my photos from on the road mixed with anectdotal stories as well abpout he people and experiences we have had. My book website is www.dogparksandbrewpubs.com and my photo site is www.hamiltonimages.com. So are you full timing as well? And what types of shows do you do?and where? I am always curious.

I think you have a good strategy for your shows.  Unfortunately, I don't travel to a lot of shows, but I do a lot of traveling.  I do not full-time.  My shows are local and at local libraries and galleries.

I plan to visit your site shortly to look at your work.  By the way, what source do you use for scheduling shows around the country?  I am interested in shows where people buy and don't just look.  I've found in the past that celebrations are not good selling shows.  I am a retired architect and do not have to rely on my sales to live, but do want to spread my work.

Back
Top Bottom