Voting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not fulltimers, but we went to permanent absentee ballots too because we don't know if we might on an extended trip.

We did early voting before we left on the current trip. Will probably switch to absentee ballots next year when we hit the road fulltime.

Wendy
Durango, Colorado

Not only did I vote (27th voter to pick up a ballot at my poling place) but I put in some hours working for the Governor's election campaign (Setting up a few data bases, helping make the office a lot more efficient and things like that and did a few things that in over 30 years of voting I've never done... Like got to hear her victory speech LIVE AND IN PERSON instead of on TV/Radio.

Yes I Voted.  A great day to be Democrat

wendycoke said:
JMO but if you don't vote you have no right to complain.

Wendy:

Not voting is how a 38 year confirmed Republican like me tells Bush he has screwed up! ???

Jeff Cousins said:
Wendy:

Not voting is how a 38 year confirmed Republican like me tells Bush he has screwed up! ???

Voting for the "other guy" sends a much stronger statement.

I agree with Wendy voting for the other guy (or in this case the Democrat canidate) sends a stronger message

Plus as both Wendy and I have said "If you don't vote, Don't complain"

wendycoke said:
Voting for the "other guy" sends a much stronger statement.

Wendy:

Sorry, haven't voted for a Democrat yet, doubt if I'll start now. ;D ;D

John:

The pendulum swings both ways.

Jeff Cousins said:
Wendy:

Sorry, haven't voted for a Democrat yet, doubt if I'll start now. ;D ;D

John:

The pendulum swings both ways.

Alas that is all too ture,  Though this week it was a good time to be a Democrat, in 2 years this could backfire.  With Bush as President and both the house and senate under Democrat party control it is very likely not much will happen for 2 years.  What will happen in 2 years is, at this time, a subject for oddsmakers and I'm not one so I can not predict.

However it is tradition that an 8 year president is replaced by one from the other party  I'll admit it's not a strong tradition, but it seems it happens more often than not. 

So the pendulum does swing

And as a rule, either end of the swing is a bad place.

I should point out, though I'm a good loyal Union member (UAW, Local 6000, Retired) I normally vote a varied ticket, It is very very rare for me to "pull the party lever" as it were.  In fact I think I've only done it one time.

Looks like a lot of folks did it this time

John? I'm much like you, cqan't ever remember voting a straight ticket.? //to me it's the individual that I vote for even tho I'm basicly Rep? only becuase of thre people on the Dem party that I simply cannot stand.? John Kerry, Hillary Clinton, and anyone named Kennedy.? They've been my pet peeves for years and probably always will be. Have voted for many Dems? and more than likely will continued to do so even if I think Rep.? Have on occassion come very close to voting straight Dem a couple of times.? Thats the beauty of our elections? you ccqan vote for who you want, almost.? Few years ago? I wanted Jack Kemp all the way cause I thought he was the smartest and most meaningful of all the canidates but couldn't cause he wasn't on the ballot.  Well he was, but as a VP canidate and I didn't like that Idea.

Just a friendly reminder that political rants are a violation of our forum rules. I haven't seen any rants in this discussion so far, but these discussions have a way of quickly going downhill. It's one reason that most long-time forumites don't discuss things like religion, guns and politics here; They know how things can deteriorate and prefer to remain friends.

Oh, there is a "Rant" here Tom, but we are all on or rather close to, the same side on that issue so there is no argument :)

In any case, I think this thread has about eneded

OK, sine y'all are in agreement and still good friends, I went ahead and locked the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom