WiMax Chip released

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueblood

Intel announced the release of a WiMax chip on Monday. It'll be a year or so before product flows but this will in the long run  reduce further the need for any of the roof mounted units aimed at satellites.

blueblood said:
Intel announced the release of a WiMax chip on Monday. It'll be a year or so before product flows but this will in the long run  reduce further the need for any of the roof mounted units aimed at satellites.

Only if there is a WiMax network installed in the area. Does your Verizon or Sprint or any other cell carriers' phone work
everywhere ??? I don't envision being able to get WiMax at Alamo Lake or the middle of Wyoming, among other places.

BernieD said:
blueblood said:

Only if there is a WiMax network installed in the area. Does your Verizon or Sprint or any other cell carriers' phone work
everywhere ??? I don't envision being able to get WiMax at Alamo Lake or the middle of Wyoming, among other places.

I didn't say totally reduce - said furtherr reduce.  However, with regard to WY or wherever, it is one of the marketing attractions that it will bring service to rural areas so it's not inconceivable that one might find it in what are today unreachable places. The spread of wi-max hotspots with the capability to operate over 30 linear miles by rual community wi-fi co-ops who are now providing wi-fi will certainly add to overall availability.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom