New toy.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

inflt

As RVers know, compromises have to be made. Storage is always limited and valuable. So, when we transitioned to full time RVing, I had to downsize my collection. I went, initially, from 6 to 3 guitars, keeping my Yamaha Silent guitar, my Carvin single cutaway Koa electric, and my Carvin 980TW super dreadnaught. Finally, I had to let the 980 go as well; it just took up too much room. That left me without an acoustic, and I have felt the lack. GAS has been plaguing me (Guitar Acquisition Syndrome), and yesterday, I did something about it. I found on Craigslist a Seagull S6 Slim at a heck of a price, and went and got it. It is in new condition, still has the smell of the cherry wood on it, that makes up the back and sides. Obvious bedroom queen.

Boy is it sweet! For a small bodied guitar, it projects well, and the sound is so good even at low volumes, including the bass! I could not be happier! Now if only I could play at a level that matched the quality of the guitar! Well, working on that, too. I bought myself Rocksmith 2014 over the holiday, and it looks like it might help me get over some of the learning issues I have.

Hope yall had good holidays, and that Santa brought you some good merry and music making toys, as well!

Seagulls are fine guitars and get a lot of favourable mentions on the guitar forums. In their price range they are hard to beat. I have an Art & Lutherie (both made by Godin) 12 string that I have modified to a 6 string. I have large hands and need the wider fret board.

My DW says I have to get rid of one in order to acquire another.  Does that seem fair?  I didn't think so either. 

My collection is small, it all fits in one room!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom