Itasca headliner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

63belv

Headliner sagging in 2007 Suncruiser we are looking for any ideas to make this right. No I'm not going to thumb tacks. Called Forest City and they can do it for $1500.00 per each 4' section x 9. Don't believe we will go that route. We are looking at carpet & auto headliner material. Thanks for any help did not get any from Forest City and did not seem to care.

I built a headliner out of Mahogany door skin panels (super light 3-ply) very cheap. I just fastened to the roof and stain/varnished mine but you could easily rug it after if one wanted....

Nice material to work with used a sharp utility knife for most cuts.

If sagging is the only problem, you might be able to stick it back by making tiny holes and spraying spray glue in there.  Choose the location of the holes wisely and use screws with those plastic flower-like buttons (or whatever they're called) and that should ensure the headliner won't sag loose again.

Expanding on thedjjack's suggestion, you can get 1/8" plywood from specialty wood retailers like Mr. Plywood.  It's fairly easy to work with.  That's what I used to replace the curved paneling in the cab-over bunk area of my old class C.

Molaker said:
If sagging is the only problem, you might be able to stick it back by making tiny holes and spraying spray glue in there...
Highly unlikely that will work, here's one report of somebody that tried that.

Do a search on headliner in this board (on on the entire forum) - you'll get lots of good reading.

here are some photos of the headliner I built in my old rig.....

http://www.delica.ca/forum/hitop-delica-build-photos-10807.html

Back
Top Bottom