Time for shocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

3 dog shuffle

I need shocks, bad.
Truck: 08 F350 SRW 6.4Dsl auto 4x4 104K and original shocks! It's time for some new ones, so gents what do y'all use?
Btw I'm towing a 5er at 12,500 unloaded.
Thanks for the input.

I'm partial to Bilstiein's http://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/product.cfm/id/1496045/name/980-24-653-2.0-Performance-Series-IFP

I decided to step up to the 5100 series Bilsteins. I'm not sure sure how much difference they will make over the 4500 series...but they sure are purdy! 8)

After about 60K, I switched over to Bilsteins on my F250 diesel.  They did okay, but I cannot say they were the best thing since sliced bread.  And they were very expensive, however.

At 115K miles, my tire dealer on an alignment said my shocks and a bad tie rod end resulted in my losing about 10K mileage on my tires.

I immediately went on RockAuto.com and bought the heaviest Monroe Shocks available at a ridiculously low price.  And after installing them myself, I cannot tell the difference between Monroes and the Bilsteins.

My tire blew at night on I-285 bypass in Atlanta on a rainy night 2 weeks ago  Changing that tire was pretty difficult for my daughter--under the conditions.  I know now to not to wait until 115K for an alignment (even though it didn't need aligning), and to change shocks often.  It's worth $60 to have a good suspension inspection every year on any vehicle used for towing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom