EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Question about pay for workcamping  (Read 7805 times)

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
Re: Question about pay for workcamping
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2015, 08:27:36 AM »
I'm well short of omniscient and can think of at least a couple errors I've made in the past year. They usually get caught quickly enough.

I usually know better than to trust my memory of an isolated fact and typically do a quick Google to verify anything before I post, but this time I shot from the hip. And hit my foot!
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

Trailer traveler

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2015, 08:45:13 AM »
A couple of issues that are rarely mentioned in discussions like this one are coverage for on the job injuries and liability insurance if a visitor should file a law suit against you or the campground. If you are working under the table for a free site, you may be on your own should either situation occur. When providing repair services, there could also be liability issues as well as business licensing and sales tax collection on parts and or services depending on state and local laws.

PaulinBaja

• ---
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2015, 09:35:04 AM »
WOW, sometimes we miss the question.  Many places give you your site and min. wage for the state you are in.  It can get complicated, but you are worth what you are worth and that you must get!  Unless you are retired and wanting to get some additional income to support existing retirement income.  Free rent and hookups is a pretty good deal.  I value that between $500.00/month and $600.00/Month.  That in State Parks usually is earned with 20-24 hours a week.  Fair? it is if you accept it!  Consider the work, usually in state parks you sell fire wood, collect fees and answer questions!   Private parks requiring Rest Room cleaning, physical maintenance work or administrative work pay min wage for hours worked.  Sometimes your site is your first 20-24 hours and pay begins after that!

Decide what you can live with, negotiate clearly and put it in writing.  Make certain you or the employer can terminate with short notice.  It is better to get out early if you feel need than to hurt an otherwise good friendship.

Bobtop46

• ---
    • Work Camper
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2015, 10:41:51 AM »
When it comes to work camping, It is never about the money you make, but the money you save...
2007 Coachman Aurora 36FWS
2006 Mini Cooper S

Hosted by Over The Network