4x4 in Benson, AZ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chet18013

Full time in RV. Home is where we are parked
We're spending winters at the SKP Saguaro Co-Op RV park in Benson, AZ. Every week there is a group of us that get together and go exploring in the desert and the Dragoon Mts off the road. Here's a couple from this weeks ride. We came across a wash that is filled with 1950-60 era junk cars. How many of these did you have?

If there's any of the RVForum members with 4x4's going through the area, stop and spend a week with us for $50 + electricity.

http://skpsaguaro.org/specials.html

Attachments

• _DSC1748.jpg
    _DSC1748.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 71
  • _DSC1763.jpg
    _DSC1763.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 73
Back in the day when I was young and nimble my recreation of choice was dirt bike riding. On more than one occasion I've ran up on old cars, dump sites, and what not and barely missed crashing into the dumped debris. Fortunately dumping in the desert has become...well...illegal, and less frequent than in days past.

I wish resources were available to clean dump sites like the one you pictured, but that won't happen and our great great great grand children will still be photographing that pile of rusted metal in a hundred years from now.

It's such a great area too.

My son Jeff has a surface silver mine that takes a 4x4 to work it. His back has been causing major problems so its been several years since he could get any out. He loves the Dragoons and Cochise Stronghold country and E of Tucson the Reddington Road area is great 4x4 country too.

Back
Top Bottom