New updated pocket camera from Panasonic DMC-ZS50

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JerArdra

1/9/2015

This week I have been attending the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas and I found the perfect small camera that fits in your pocket.  It is the new Panasonic DMC-ZS50.

A couple of the features that sold me on this camera are...

1.  It has BOTH a LCD screen and an Electronic View Finder (EVF).  For example if you cannot see the LCD image very well because of to much light all you do is look through the eyepiece viewfinder and the camera automatically shuts down the LCD and shifts to the eyepiece viewfinder.  No buttons to push because of a proximity sensor at the eyepiece.  Then as you move the camera away from your eye the LCD screen again shows the image.

2.  Camera size is:  W 4.4" x H 2.5" x Thickness 1.4" and when turned off the lens in it is flat.

3.  It has a RING around the lens for more precise telephoto sizing so, if you chose to, you do not have to use the electronic telephoto lever which, for me, tends to move the telephoto to far.

The following URL will take you to an early review.  BTW, the folks at the CES said that it probably will be released by March, 2015.  Take a look at the following review to see all its many other features.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/panasonic-zs50/panasonic-zs50A.HTM

JerryF

Thanks for the report Jerry. I've been pleased with the Panasonic cameras I've owned/used in the past, and I suspect that they won't disappoint with this new product.

Back
Top Bottom