First timers looking for information

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sandrupe

Hello Everyone,

me and my wife are looking to buy our first camper but we are at the beginning of our research. We went today to a RV Event where it almost made our mind on a 15" Coachmen Apex 2015 model 151RBX. We thought it would be wise to look around first before we make the decision to get one and I am glad I found this RV forum. Lots of good ideas and info.
I have a Kia Sorento and the towing capacity go from 1650 to 3500 lbs witch I think won't be good for what we are looking for. I can get a truck that gets the job done F150 6/8cc or even a F250 if thats the case but first I want some advice on the right trailer to buy the first time.

1- We have 2 daughters and the idea is to cruise around the Florida parks for good moments with family but also I ride mountain bikes and want to make the best of both worlds when I am out with my friends for biking.
2- Space to sleep 5 is a must, shower, kitchen and some room inside.
3- Used or new to financed
4- I read some people having issues with water penetration is that a common issue on pup beds ? I like the idea to have a little bit more room inside when the beds are open outside
5- I don't want to go big on my first one, thats why I am looking at the 15' but up to 20' is fine.
6- Any advice on what not to buy the first time ?

Thanks in advance.

Alex.

Hey Alex, that Apex looks to be a nice floorplan for it size.
Your Sorento would be taxxed to tow it I think, we have a 2012 I set up to tow our P-up but wouldn't consider much more.
If you really want to sleep 5, have you checked out a Rockwood Roo 183? That is what I was looking at before we found our new-2-us TT.
Roo's really come with great reviews and the 3rd fold out of the 183 opens up the floor a bit more. Even lets you still be able to make breakfast while the kids sleep in. ;)

Hello Alex.  At start off. That trailer you looking at has a gross weight of at least 5000 lbs. 1500 over your KIA..  So you will need that 150 with a brake controler and a weight distibition hitch would end hurt too...,..... Part 2. Having 3 kids my self I now just how difficult finding a camper that sleep all the kids can be.    Of you looking at expandable.  Look at a model with 3 beds.    Its nice to have the extra beds.  Takeong down and setting up the dinnet into a bed gets old quick

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe-
Back
Top Bottom