Round Tuits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John From Detroit

Some thigns ... It just take a while to get ye old Round Tuit.

For example, when this rig was new back in 2005, I put in a nice Top of the line Cobra CB so as to evesdrop on the truckers and find out such things as: "The road ahead will be closed for several hours while police clean up the mess some folks made exiting this vale of tears"  (Ok so that was not how it was broadcast.. 2 faltal accidents one right after the other 3 miles ahead).

Well, not wishing to drill too many holes in my nice shiny house I stuck the antenna behind the convert-a-couch/bed where I got a good SWR and it worked,,, not as well as it could, but it worked well enough for me to avoid the traffic jam :)

Today, Nearly 10 years later... I got it mounted outside on the "A" pillar,, Tip is 13 feet in the air, which makes it the tallest thing when I'm on the road, at the very front (I did say "A" pillar) so if I can go under the bridge without the tip hitting anything.. i'm good to go under the bridge (Dual purpose wand).  SWR still in the 1.1-1.2 range on Chan 16 (Where I tested it just now) HAPPY with the job.

That's a long wait for a Round Tuit.  (I got to make some more of those) :).

My Father-in-Laws wife who was from Texas gave me a Round Tuit decades ago...my wife reminds me whenever I put something off.

I bought a round-tuit some time back but I think I misplaced it.

Bet the CB works better now.

I have one here somewhere.  I'll look for it soons I can get a round tuit.

Funny.  I have paneling and trim in my basement (still in the pkg.) I was going to install in my kitchen after all my Hickory cabinets and new counter top was put in.  That was done 5 years ago.  DW is not happy about it.  DUH!

I keep telling her the "round tuit" tool needs to be special ordered.  ??? 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom