What's it for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
I've got a question in regards to satellite dishes.  I have a built in TV mounted on drawer glides so it can be pulled out. On the wall behind the TV is a wall jack for connecting the cable. Under the TV there is an opening in the cabinet about 6" high and 2' wide. It's basically a shelf. I keep my laptop there. There is also a 110 volt outlet in there. Inside the opening on the side, there is a wall plate with 2 jacks. They are the same as the jacks to connect the TV to the RV cable. The 2 jacks are on the same wall plate. Above the wall plate are these words:  CABLE/SATELITE. There is a short cable (6" long jumper) connecting the two jacks. What is that wall plate used for and why 2 jacks. I don't have satellite service yet but may be thinking of getting it.  Is there a wiring diagram which would show how to hook up a dish?  If I mounted a dish on the roof, would I have to disconnect my RV antenna on the roof and then connect that cable to a dish? Thanks.

Often when you have the plate that says Sat/CAB, there is cable running to the roof for mounting a satellite dish.  The shelf below your TV is there for a DVD/CD reader and/or Satellite receiver.

elliott-maine said:
Often when you have the plate that says Sat/CAB, there is cable running to the roof for mounting a satellite dish.  The shelf below your TV is there for a DVD/CD reader and/or Satellite receiver.

Elliott,
I think that you're saying that a dedicated line for a dish should be on the roof someplace. I've never seen one.  I wonder where it would be. ::)

There was a label on our ceiling showing where the satellite antenna cable was supposed to be.  When they cut the hole in the roof at that location, the cable was nowhere to be found, of course.  Just ran a new cable instead.

I think I'll call the factory next week and see what they say. I've got a 2011 Montana High Country fifth wheel 343RL. Maybe someone else with the same rig will have an answer for me.

Ok, in some RV's the park cable inlet is also the Sat TV inlet (for the LNB)

IF you do NOT have sat TV then it runs to the place prepared (As someone explined above) and from there to the distribution center via that short jumper to the other jack

IF you DO have a sat system you remove the short jumper,, Run a short RG-6 (Bit longer but still short) from one of those two jacks to the LNB (Sat) jack on the Sat Receiver, and the coax out to TV jumpers to the other of those two jacks, then to the distribution system, (I am going to assume that very close to that is a wall plate with a switch, LED, 12 volt outlet and the antenna feed to the TV.. that is the distribution system)

Outside connector-------Indoor connector-(Short jumper) Other connector indoor----Switch/splitter/power to antenn box== (note change to 2 lines) TO TVs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom