fuel milleage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

woodjunki

I have received a 2004 Fleetwood tioga 31 foot class c with a ford chassis and v-10 engine, I am curious as to what kind of mileage can I expect with this unit, your answers are appreciated, thank you all in advance.

I average 7-8MPG, depending on speed, AC use, etc....
From what I have read, 8 seems to be the magic number for almost every RV with the exception of the newer small diesel rigs

As a general rule, the heavier your foot is on the gas pedal, the lower will be your mileage.  Most of us tend to drive around 55-60 mph and get what is considered "decent" mileage.  You can't expect more than that when you're driving a big box down the road.  ;)

ArdraF

Lots of mileage posts on this forum.  Brad and Ardra pretty much nailed it.  My 1999 Aerbus, Ford V10 averages about 7.5 with geny running most of the time.  At least during the summer months. 

I am going to go out on a limb and say 5-9mpg. Your results may differ. How you drive where you drive how heavy you are quality of fuel weather.  These all will affect mileage.
Yes check your mileage.
Billl 

Bill is correct.  On our 7,500 mile road trip last summer, we averaged about 7.5.  But individual fills went from 4.3 to just under 9.  The ac was running constantly which takes about a half gallons per hour.  So the adjusted mileage was 6.5 to 10.5.  Never base mileage on one fill.  Too many variables. 

I think it is important to know your mileage so you can be aware if there is a sudden big drop. I also want to know to plan stops. Gas Buddy is your friend. Is the gas cheaper or more expensive down the road. Can I make it across the state line where gas is $.50 a gallon cheaper.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom