Country coach affinity or Magna vs newmar essex

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scotthfleming

Any input greatly appreciated!  Looking at CC country coach affinity or a Magna versus Newmar Essex.  Chassis I understand the dynomax is a great ride for the country coach.  Concern is quality on the CC after company was sold.  Any problems with Newmar quality?

Thanks

Scott Fleming
Current rv status:  None! Sold last coach 6 months ago

Scott,

Both coaches are in my opinion very well built diesel pushers.  They are actually my two favorites.  If you are looking for a new coach than you might want to go with the Newmar as they are still in production of large numbers of units and you might feel better about ongoing warranty work and support.

Country coach went thru a bankrupcy and reorganization several years ago.  I think that they will build a coach on order but I could be wrong about that.  There are lots of used Country coaches out there and they are well built.  There is also some existing support in the Junction City, Oregon area.  Once you are out of warranty your support issues can probably be satisfied by a compentent shop because the components are generally of high quality.

I think that your decision will be greatly influenced by the choice of new or used.

Good Luck in your search.

Another coach of that quality and my favorite is the Travel Supreme. Just a beautiful coach.

Bill

billwild said:
Another coach of that quality and my favorite is the Travel Supreme. Just a beautiful coach.
Bill

TS is now owned by Jayco and is sold under the Entegra brand name. Many of the same people are/were involved in the changeover and the design and production quality continued. I owned my TS for over 10 years and put about 120,000 miles on it. Great coach.

We are also very happy with our Travel Supreme, as well as the Spartan chassis. We upgrade ours some each year.

That's a great point about TS/entegra.  I like the entegras but I know nothing about quality.  All of the units I see used are within two years old, and low miles so that brings up concern as to why people are selling them.  I look for models that people use and that are within a respectable $ amount.

When we were looking to upgrade in 2013, we were focused on used Newmar Mountain Aires and Essex.  I wanted a coach that was considered more high end but still supported by a manufacturer that had survived the economic hard times.  During our search we came across the coach in my signature and just was really impressed with build quality and features.  Rode and drove like a dream.  Even so, I was concerned it was an 'orphan.'

I learned quickly that there is plenty of support for CC owners.  CC is back in business in Oregon for service, tech support and parts and there are many independent quality service centers that were started by former CC employees.  There is a fellow named Kevin Waite in Oregon who, along with his BIL, are former CC master techs who offer unlimited tech support and parts acquisition for a reasonable annual fee. 

I get my chassis serviced at my local Cummins Coach Care center and a local independent RV service has done a few things for me that I could not do myself. 

I am sure we would have been happy with an Essex, TS or others but we have not regretted getting the CC. 

Entegra certainly has developed a loyal following.  If you read the Entegra forum on IRV2, it seems a number of folks started with the Aspire or Anthem and traded quickly from Aspire to Anthem or from Anthem to Cornerstone, which is their flagship coach.  It also seems they have some growing pains and some quality issues but no more than most others.  For now, I understand Entegra does not offer factory-based service for anything other than warranty repairs, unlike Newmar.  That is supposed to change as they add capacity at their factory. 

Back
Top Bottom