Air lube guns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Terry,

I think you're convincing me to go cordless, especially with that 30" hose.

They would probably be better with a hose. I wonder if Black & Decker is making them that take 18vdc batteries, they have everything else. I've got a Firestorm drill from them, they have all kinds of accessories that use the same battery. The weedwhacker is the best I've used and I don't have to mix gas & oil, or fiddle around to get it started. The string also works correctly. So probably the grease guns are better now.
BTW what kind of grease are you using for trailer bearings etc.? My new ones say to use kendall Super Blue.

Terry A. Brewer said:
You know you can always try mine before you buy.

Thanks Terry and I know that's a truly genuine offer, but we won't see you before I need to do the next lube job on the coach.

rbell said:
I wonder if Black & Decker is making them that take 18vdc batteries

I'm not a B&D fan, although they do make products at a very affordable price.

.... they have all kinds of accessories that use the same battery.

That's a huge plus in my book.

.... what kind of grease are you using for trailer bearings etc.?

We have a motorhome, so we use a different grease, but I haven't greased the bearings yet. I'd probably have a pro do that because of the weight of the wheels & tires - way too heavy for me to manhandle.

Yesterday I lube'd the chassis of the coach using the air lube gun. It's definitely a lot easier and quicker than using the old style 2-handed lube gun. One caveat for anyone thinking of buying one of these, either get one with a long hose or, as I did, buy a longer hose.

Hi Chet,

I can see that the cordless has some advantages, such as not having to drag out a compressor and hose. I'll need to wait to see what Santa brings, but meanwhile I needed to get the coach ready to roll.

Tom, You trying to tell me that I need to buy a grease gun now.   Heck I just got used to pushing the button on the dashboard toi lube the 57 Mercury Turnpike Cruiser.  Boy you sure know how to bring a guy down to earth.  Guess next thing you'll be telling me people actually live in campers.   Wow, I got to start paying more attention.   BTW  Have a great trip and if you happen anywhere near Phoenix and need a good meal to tide you over, the Boss will gladly cook it,  might even envite Smoky over.  

LOL Shayne, you always manage to bring a smile to my face.

Thanks for the invite, it's much appreciated and we'd sure enjoy seeing you, Audrey, Smoky and Sharon again. Lemme see how the schedule looks. If we make too many stops on the eastbound journey we'll miss the rally in Orlando  ;D

FWIW - My Workhorse manual specifies that two of the front end fittings (don't remember which two - I use a handgun so didn't commit it to memory) should not be greased with an air gun.

Another reason to DIY - How many shops will heed that warning do you think?

Thanks Clay. I'll re-look at the lube/service pages of my manual.

Back
Top Bottom