America's Bird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron from Big D

Moderator Emeritus
Here is a shot of a Bald Eagle captured at Eaglefest 2015 in Emory, Texas last Saturday.  It was a rehabilitated Eagle living in captivity and used at shows around the state.  I was able to get in tight enough to get great detail.  They are such regal birds.  Had to change the background because what was there was awful and very distracting. 

Hope you enjoy it.  I enjoyed capturing it.

Attachments

• American Bald Eagle (small) (Small).jpg
    American Bald Eagle (small) (Small).jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 124
You might want to keep up with this site over the next months.  The Eagles had a hard time this spring and summer, injuries and a death I believe.  My wife was working at the Hospital all this past summer.  The Nest is in a tree overlooking a State Trout Hatchery.  They get lots of fresh food.

http://whotv.com/2015/01/20/decorah-eagle-cam-returns-as-birds-begin-building-nests/

Tom...

Ron, that is an awesome capture!!! I live near a nesting area of some and am researching to find best methods of capturing them without molesting them.

Desertfront said:
Ron, that is an awesome capture!!! I live near a nesting area of some and am researching to find best methods of capturing them without molesting them.

I think you used wrong word. You probably should have said "taking pictures of them" without molesting them.  ;)

Rene T said:
I think you used wrong word. You probably should have said "taking pictures of them" without molesting them.  ;)

Lol, yes, at least I didn't say shoot them with my Canon.  I do mean photo them.  I got a thrill a few mos ago when I photo'd a free flying Condor. I was so STOKED.

A great shot Ron, we used to go to an eagle fest in the Annapolis Valley in NS which is held in February each year.  Many of you already know, but for those of you who don't here is an article about how the resurgence of the eagle was made possible by finding a loophole to US Laws allowing importation of eagles from Canada to repopulate them.
    We often see them fishing from our daughter's back deck, which is quite a sight when they pick up the fish in their claws and fly away with the fish still squirming.

Ed

Ed:  They are terrific with their fishing technique.  Always great to see them swoop down and effortlessly pick up a fish.  Even more fun to see 2 eagles fighting over one in the sky.

Nice Pic!
I do love Raptors, and hear the Bald Eagle are coming back to this neck of the woods, but have not seen one yet.
I have always had a Red Tail and a Sparrow Hawk or two hunt our field ... I can watch them all day.
Thanks for sharing

Here is an article in a small town paper near where the eagle event takes place.  It really is amazing to see dozens of eagles gathering in the trees or in the fields waiting for the food.

Ed

http://valleyharvester.ca/2015/02/18/annual-eagle-watch-a-spectacular-sight/

Tom Hoffman said:
You might want to keep up with this site over the next months.  The Eagles had a hard time this spring and summer, injuries and a death I believe.  My wife was working at the Hospital all this past summer.  The Nest is in a tree overlooking a State Trout Hatchery.  They get lots of fresh food.

http://whotv.com/2015/01/20/decorah-eagle-cam-returns-as-birds-begin-building-nests/

Tom...

First Egg was laid a couple of days ago.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom