Antenna mounting points

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dave in Ohio

Today I ordered a Newmar Ventana to be factory-delivered in mid-April. I'm still working out one final detail, so I'd appreciate your comments and suggestions.

After conferring with folks at 3GStore.com and Ubersignal.com, I plan to custom order two antenna mounting points on the coach. I will specify them as "stainless steel or other suitable non-corroding vertical pipe approximately 1? in diameter sturdily attached to the roof and extending approximately 8? above the roof surface" with "an Ultra-Low-Loss LMR400 COAX cable from each mounting point to the inside of the cabinet above the driver?s seat". They will be located above the driver's and passenger's seats.

I will add my own antennas for a WiFi router and a cell phone booster, respectively.

Does this seem like a good idea? Any changes you'd suggest?

If you are using mobile antennas they may have the standard 1'-14 thread and there are several marine mounts that will work.  They are flange mounted so they would be easier to replace if needed.  Also, many of the marine fabricators could make up want you want

One thing you may need to think about....

These cell phone and Wi-Fi antennas are fairly sturdy when it comes to a strong breeze (like 50 mph wind)

but no good at all with low hanging tree limbs.. Which you find in many RV parks and more than a few roads.

Stick 'em up there and they are likely to bend over . (Been there had it happen)

A telescoping mast at the back of the rig, often attached to the ladder, allows you to "lower the flag and let the tree pass without damage.

Back
Top Bottom