Sharp R-967(SL)M - timer stops countdown after 59 seconds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HotCap

Re: Sharp R-967(SL)M, Microwave Oven with Sensor, Grill and Convention functions

I bought a Sharp Microwave Oven with Sensor, Grill and Convention functions, R-967(SL)M, a few years ago in London, United Kingdom.

Problem:

Now, each time the timer counts down to 1 second (for example, 1 sec. or 2 mins. 1 sec. or XX mins 1 sec.), the heating function just stop as long as the timer shows 1 second.

In addition, I relocated to Hong Kong and the local Sharp customer service refused to provide any repair service (even if paying!) since I did not buy the product model in Hong Kong!  The warranty period has ended, hence there is not an issue with warranty service.

The problem exists even when the microwave is switched on and already heated so it has nothing to do with the temperature setting.

Present Situation:

An approach to solve this problem is to keep on pressing the start/continue button when the microwave heating function stops at 1 second. Then the microwave continues heating and the timer continues to count down till 0 (zero) second. For example, from 1 sec to 0 sec, from 2 mins 1 sec to 1 min 1 sec.

Otherwise, all other microwave functions operate as per normal and no other abnormality/damage.

Appreciate if you could kindly provide assistance or at least offer a direction/suggestion which I could pursue to get the appliance back to working again.

Thank you for your kindest attention.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom