2015 Winnebago Micro Minnie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SUZYQT

Why can't I find any info in here about my new 2015 Micro Minnie.  The dealership does not have any owner's manuals.  We even called Winnebago directly.  They are not available.  Hope to see more Micro Minnie Winnie owners out there.

Maybe cause few people have one yet?

I gather you have looked at the Winnebago Towable web site - http://www.winnebagoind.com/products/towables/2015/micro-minnie/overview

Here is a YouTube video on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax4o7jryvXc

Some dealers are featuring it - here are a few:
http://www.lamesarv.com/2015-Winnebago%20Towables-MICRO%20MINNIE-MNW68254
http://www.giantrv.com/DealerFiles/ListingView.asp?listingID=10054

My wife and I just purchased our first ever travel trailer, a Winnie 2101ds.  Cherry exterior and we are set to take delivery on Saturday.

I too could not find much information and that it's so new would be a good reason. 

Hello, I purchased my micro 1706FB last year at the Heshey PA RV show. I never found an owners manual either. I did however find out that most components on our unit are handled by a separate company (Atwood or Dometic...etc) which has it's own owners manual. I have all my manuals but they are all but useless. I have been learning how to use the components by calling manufacturers directly. If you have any questions you can call them or post in here and I will share my experience.

This camper seems like an ideal compromise for those who want a small but livable trailer. The weight is more than my tow vehicle could handle, but I really like the layout. Could you give me an idea of real world cost for a new one? Thanks.

If you can catch an RV show and buy a display model you should be able to pick one up for between 15 and 16k. Make sure you get all available options weather you think you need them or not. you will be happy you did later. Get the power jack, a fantastic fan, the TV, a second LP gas tank and a rear bike hitch. Make sure you factor in having a brake controller installed on your vehicle and a weight distribution hitch. I have a 6 cylinder SUV than can pull a max of 5200 lbs. It pulls this unit with ease. Check videos my Florida buddy (Traveling Robert) has on you tube.

If you don't have a vehicle that can pull at least 4000lbs then get a small sting V8. More than likely you will grow out of the micro minnie and can pull a larger RV without have to purchase another vehicle.

Good luck and feel free to ask for my experiences. I have had my 1706FB for about a year now and have taken it out every month so far.

Picked up my 2015 1706FB last month (11/15) in Pa. and towed it home with my 2013 Ford Explorer Sport to Spring Tx.  Drove thru 2 days of hard rains and massive traffic (Sunday after thanksgiving). Handling and ride felt like it wasn't even there. Dual axles and Blue Ox load transfer gave me a great ride with great control beyond what I  expected.
I'm in the process of filling it with basic accessories and must haves with some small additions  and mods.
Stabilizing that floppy dinette was top of the list, and I can't believe they used the same design again in the 16's.
Installed surge protectors and located a more convenient female connection point in kitchen and at dinnet. The existing 2 receptacle locations in the kitchen and under dinnet are useless to plug coffee pot or any electrical appliances with out extension cords that get in the way.
Install 28in HD TV. The reception using the antenna was a real surprise as to how good it was.
Junk the bed and install 10x60x75 memory foam/jell.
Add Velcro to corners of dinnet seat cushions. (I tend to slowly slouch)
That's things I've done so far. Now I need to get out on the road and see what else needs tinkering with.
It would be great to hear other 1706FB owners mods or additions.

I agree that the mattress is far from satisfactory.  My husband says the next thing to change is the toilet.  He's a big guy and says the toilet is too short.  (Too close to the water level also  :-[)

Yes, the orig mattress is there for sales display (I would hope). A good night sleep is worth paying for quality and satisfaction. Anyone want to buy OEM mattress, still in the plastic! LOL.

I'm looking at lifting frame 3 or 4 inches at the torsion axles. That should also add enough clearance to switch to 14" wheels. I don't know if any of yall have bumped the drain pipe connection yet, but I KNOW its just a matter of time for me personally. And the drain is so low it is impractical in most sloped up to rear sites.
If anyone else has done this yet or is looking into a similar mod to increase clearance, please chime in.

Love the MM-1706FB, perfect for me and Quig. A beautiful dog can make a great wingman.

My feelings on the toilet is it makes a great shower seat. Spread out old large beach towels, Stand, get wet, sit, scrub, stand, rinse, repeat. Pick up towels.

Hope to hear from others about their personal pros/cons or "why didn't I think of that" mods and ideas.

Anyone have any suggestions on Sway Control Hitch for the 2106DS?? Tow vehicle is a 2014 Tahoe 2WD

I too have a 2013 Tahoe 2 wheel.  I'd like to buy the 2106 but wondering if the Tahoe would have trouble with that weight?  How much power do you have towing and did you get the sway bar?  Thank you,

Bountiful,

Here is how to tell what YOUR Tahoe can tow.

There is a yellow label on the driver door B pillar which gives you the max load YOUR Tahoe can carry.  This Cargo Carrying Capacity (CCC) is your key.

Add up the weight of all passengers, pets and cargo you plan to carry in your Tahoe when going camping.  Add 80# for a hitch.  Subtract this total weight from the CCC.  The remainder is the max Tongue Weight you can carry.  TW  X 10  is the max trailer weight GVWR you can handle.

We are picking up our new 2017 Micro Minnie 170BH later this week. Very excited to get out with our kids in it! First order of business for us, is converting the storage under the bottom bunk to an additional bunk. We are squeezing three small kids into that corner! I am very interested in finding other Micro owners and hearing about their experiences, modifications and advice. If anyone's aware of another spot besides that FB page, I'd be very grateful.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom