Atwood Levellegs Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

8Muddypaws

One of my Levellegs will not move either up or down.  The motor spins but nothing happens.  I've gone through all of the trouble shooting and resetting steps.  The other 3 legs responded normally but not the bad one.  I guess I should call myself lucky that it failed in the UP position?  ;) and the spot we were in was level enough to make do.

The fact that the motor spins and nothing happens seems to indicate that a gear is stripped or the clutching mechanism is bad.  But I don't have a drawing of the internals of the jack.  I had no manuals at all.

The funny thing was that as soon as I put the transmission in gear the alarm sounded.  I disconnected the control panel to silence the alarm, and that caused the non-working leg to run.  It still didn't move in either direction though.  I removed the connectors to the motors and drove home.

Attwood also made my slide system and I found out when one of them failed that they don't like to sell parts to individuals. 

I've found several bits of conflicting information regarding levelegs.  Some say you can rebuild them, many say they can't be fixed.  Does anybody here know for sure?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom