Walmart overnight parking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ro

Anyone stayed overnight at Walmart's in southern Fl.off of I-95 ,or any other place that seems to be safe.
We want to be at Big Pine Key before noon on Feb.6th.

Thanks,

Ron

A lot of our Florida Walmarts don't allow overnight parking.  The ones towards the Keys especially don't.

We stayed at a Walmart in Yulee FL just north of Jacksonville 2 months ago. It's about 4 miles off 95 but it was very quiet.  Make sure you ask the store manager before you try it.  Local codes may not allow it.

Rene T said:
We stayed at a Walmart in Yulee FL just north of Jacksonville 2 months ago. It's about 4 miles off 95 but it was very quiet.  Make sure you mask the store manager before you try it.  Local codes may not allow it.
I'd love to see a video of that happening! :D

Michael

St Johns County, the next county south of Jacksonville has such an ordinance.  Can't legally stay even at the camping world..... but I have heard of folks staying at the walmart in St Augustine.  There are truck stops though, that I have seen RV's stopped at....

Look at the Walmart Rving group in Yahoo groups.  They publish a list of Walmarts that allow ONP or NOP.  It's a great source of information.  BUT, always ask the manager if you can ONP, either on the phone, or inperson.  If I call ahead, I still go in to see them and ask specifically where they want me to park.

We have seen 1-4 or so camping at the Viera Florida Wal Mart (I-95 exit 191).  I find this interesting since Viera is a rather posh community.  From Viera it is an easy drive all the way to Key West.

here's a good list from WalMart of their stores that do NOT allow overnight parking:

http://www.walmartlocator.com/no-park-walmarts/

(should be a sticky at the top of this forum)

hey, pretty handy list there Boomer

I wonder what the source is.....

but beware.  may not be complete
I might have missed it, but didn't see Saint Augustine FL on that list.  I happen to know there is a county wide ordinance that restricts it.

blw2 said:
hey, pretty handy list there Boomer

I wonder what the source is.....

but beware.  may not be complete
I might have missed it, but didn't see Saint Augustine FL on that list.  I happen to know there is a county wide ordinance that restricts it.

I'm sure it's not 100% accurate...things change all the time as to ordinances and such...but it's a decent start. As always, before parking for the night...even if there are already other RV's parked in the lot...check with the store manager.

BoomerD said:
I'm sure it's not 100% accurate...things change all the time as to ordinances and such...but it's a decent start. As always, before parking for the night...even if there are already other RV's parked in the lot...check with the store manager.

I also usually do it with a shopping kart in front of me with couple of items in it to show him/her you are supporting Walmart.  Good PR as far as I'm concerned. 

Back
Top Bottom