Noise in my hot water.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

74cuda

Hi
I have a 2011 Montana 3750. We turn on the hot water and are getting a loud noise from under the fridge, we have no lose of pressure and normal amounts of hot water and temp and only when we use hot water not cold. I have search on the web but never posted and some think it could be the hot water check valve anyone with a opinion and how do I repair it if it is the check valve and where do I find it on the 3750 FL any help would be great.

Probably is a check valve. They should be on the inlet and maybe outlet also of the water heater. Easy to replace if you have access or some folks just remove the guts from the valve. Its just a spring and plunger.

As new as your unit is, I would suspect a piece of trash, such as pipe shavings stuck in the valve

Odds are it is your check valve. It also happened on my 2011 Montana.  It won't hurt anything but probably in time, you'll start loosing water flow. The internals to the check valve will fail totally eventually and restrict the flow of water.
The check valve is located on the outlet of your water tank. This is the top pipe. Just shut off your water to the rig, shut off the 110 volt heater, drain the tank down at least half way. Remove the water line to the brass fitting then unscrew the check valve from the tank. If you have no need to ever winterize your rig, you can just replace the check valve with a 1/2" IPS X 2" long brass nipple available at Home Depot or any hardware store or you can just remove the internals to the failed valve and reinstall it. If you do need to winterize, you can pick up a check valve at any RV store and I would recommend a brass one. I feel they are more durable than the plastic one's.  They only cost $9.00. Put everything back together, turn on the water and check for leaks. Vent the air out of your tank before you turn on the heating element.
Easy job as long as you have easy access to the back of the heater.

;D thanks it was exactly what is was found out it was time to replace the Anode in the hot water tank also.The check valve was around 9.00$ thanks again for the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom