About to full time with a baby?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeeD

Hi everyone.
I'm looking for some advice.My husband and I have a small child, only 8 months old. His separation from the USMC is approaching fast. We trying to find a travel trailer that we can leave in and will fit our needs for approximately 3 years. it has to be affordable, because we will be living on a very tight income. So i guess I'm looking for input of which trailers you would suggest, as well as how to full time  it with a growing little one.  any advice is welcome, and thank you so much :)

To answer some questions,  we will likely only move the trailer a handfull of times. To a great rv park in FL where we will be for about 9 months and then twice in texas.

Are you planning on staying in one spot or traveling? That can make a huge difference. To ease your mind, there are people fulltiming with an infant and some with multiple children and an infant.

I would say if it is toy hauler type then you would have a sorta patio play are inside for the baby.

kdbgoat's question is critical, if you're truly looking for answers. Makes a big difference, so if you answer that, perhaps more people can offer you their suggestions.

If you're going to live in a trailer park, then I'd suggest a 5th wheel with some slides, and you can always pay someone to tow it where you're going to live. All the 5th wheels I've seen look the most like a traditional home (we didn't buy one because there are always interior stairs and we're older and accident-prone).

The choice of park is critical, too. Probably the happiest two years of my life was spent in a non-transient trailer park (and that includes all the times I've lived in a home I owned), because it was the most wonderful, warm community. I was single but I never felt alone.

Babies are adaptable, and you are, too. Whatever space you have to live in will be fine, and you can always tap your creativity to make your space work for you.

That's my 2 cents. If you intend to actually live on the road and think you'll be moving continually, I'll let someone else with more experience answer your question. I tend to doubt that's what you meant, though, since moving all the time is expensive, due to fuel costs.

It sounds to me like you'll be doing it for three years. How about a park model?  They're half way between a camping trailer and a regular home.  You'll probably get most your money back if you sell after three years.

Back
Top Bottom