Youtube video on European class B's - different ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Len and Jo

Always looking for ideas.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bWrCUiprFQ

I actually stumbled onto that video a couple weeks back....
I personally don't care for all the contemporary styling in europe, but I love some of the features.... such as the garages.
I get the feeling they don't do a lot of building with wood frames and such like we do here..... more modern materials, for strength without weight.

Someone a while back posted pics of their German made class a with a garage under the bedroom big enough for a small car (fiat or smart car or something......  I love that!
I did some googling back then and really fell in love with some of the euro stuff.  Wish some of those ideas would sail on over here..... although I want to buy made in USA.....

The Big 3 carmakers got a jolt from Japan and made their cars better because of it.  I for one would like the see the domestic RV makers get ahead of the curve for a change.  At least quality-wise.

I also love many of the ideas, but could do without some of the styling.

I get the feeling those RVs are also geared towards a much higher-end market than the typical RV in the USA.

That said many class B+ models here are, in my opinion, crazily expensive for what they offer. I suspect those European class Bs are no more expensive yet seem higher-end.

Mike

Yep, just as I am intrigued by the idea of ultralight backpacking, I also like this idea of smaller RV's.
I'm not sure that it is for me.... well in fact I know that it is not currently, but I can see myself doing it in the future when it's just DW and me.
We both tend to be pack rats and like to be prepared for anything, so we have a great tendency to overpack on any trip.  It's how I get my exercise  :eek:  So I'm not sure if we could ever make it work... but I did give it a lot of thought as I was driving out to TX and back recently.  Smaller rigs would open up a lot of flexibility for sight seeing and generally navigating while shopping etc....

We have very similar ideas regarding RV's in Australia. Black Tanks are strangely not that popular here, unless you have a converted coach. Electronics are used a lot more than in either a U.S. or a European RV. Interior design is even more contemporary than the European, US style would not fly at all.
Slideouts are common, these are not existant in Europe. Suspensions are what distinguishes an Australian RV from anywhere else many on road RV's still go off road a bit.
From my observation as well, European RVers are younger,. Most of the RVers are Class C Motorhomes, the rest are Class B's Towables are shrinking in Europe

Have looked online at several Australian RV's and they are very well thought out.

Two current examples are the Sunliner 40 Motorhome(Too Celebrate 40yrs of Production )and the AVIDA Caravan, that won an  an award for design and build quality for 2014. AVIDA used to be Winnebago Motorhomes, but started recently to make Caravans.
Sunliner 40 and also the AVIDA Topaz Caravan The Sunliner has a large drop down bed and a pop up TV
There are 140 Caravan builders alone in Australia, so it is an extremely competitive market. AVIDA and Sunliner use a lot of composites, Computer flat pack furniture and many automated systems in the building of their RV's. Sunliner has dropped it's Caravan line, although they still make a 5th wheeler
AVIDA Topaz Caravan.
AVIDA still has the right to use the Winnebago name as well.
The Esperance Winnebago Premium, buit on a IVECO Chassis 11,300lb GVWR, 18,000 GCVWR. Small 26ft Class A, with either a Slideout or no slideout and a drop down bed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Forum statistics