King size bed -

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1PlasticMan1

When did king size beds become an option for major manufacturers, and when did they become standard in certain models of major manufacturers.  I need a MH with a king, and am wasting a lot of time looking at MHs that don't always list rear bed size, so I have to contact dealer to get info.

How long is a string?

The answers to your question and mine can be found in the same place. (nowhere) There is no set standard. My MH came "standard" with either a queen or a king depending on what was on the order form. My best advice is keep looking and calling. I would bet that there are more kings with rigs that have 2 bedroom slideouts than rigs with only 1. But there are rigs with only one bedroom slide that have King beds.

Here's how we decided what we wanted. We cruised the RV shows and lots until we found rigs that we liked. Then we noted exactly the year, make and model of those rigs. It was much easier shopping for THE rig on the internet when we knew what we liked. That narrowed the amount of calling we needed to do to find exactly what we were going to buy.

Ken

King beds in RVs are relatively rare even today. Larger size coaches are more likely to have them, simply because space is at a premium in any RV, and high end models are more likely to cater to that need.

Some RV manufacturers maintain the brochures for previous year models in an archive on their websites. That can make looking up details easier.

Converting from queen to king size is often a practical option. If you have night tables on either side of the bed (the slide is wide enough to accomodate the king width) it usually involves modifying/removing the side tables and installing a wider platform (usually 3/4 inch plywood) and a new mattress. Do check that nothing critical is installed under the tables.

The above is how the manufacturers domit where king is an option.

Ernie

Thanks for responding.  Went to the Hershey RV show last fall, learned a lot.  Thought of converting a queen to a king but then it makes it almost impossible to make the bed.  Been cruising the internet quite a bit, but when units are listed, many will say queen or not say, which forces me to talk to the seller to find out.

Back
Top Bottom