Floors and steps project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

3tailsrv

Just finished taking out my old 1980's carpet in my MH.  What a undertaking.  I came to the conclusion that RV Manufactures must charge by the staples in RV's ... This attached link is a do it your self guide for doing the stairs in our RV. well worth the time and effort.  If it helps 1 person on this site and it will be well worth the time it took to create it.

http://youtu.be/31ZR-9S2UhU

Good video.  I think you are right about the staples.  Believe their philosophy is if one will work, 6 is better.  Better be safe and make it 12.

It's the phenomenon of the powered staple gun - make it easy to shoot staples and lots and lots will be used. Same thing happens when you give somebody a chain saw - the start cutting down everything in sight! I know - I have both tools and they are addictive.

Gary RV Roamer said:
It's the phenomenon of the powered staple gun - make it easy to shoot staples and lots and lots will be used. Same thing happens when you give somebody a chain saw - the start cutting down everything in sight! I know - I have both tools and they are addictive.

Gary, I agree but the only problem with the saw, everything you cut down, has to be picked up.  :'(

I think they hire the kids who were never allowed to use a stapler growing up and they are making up for it.

Looks like home.  I actually went to school in Anacortes, did my last 6 on" The Rock".  Spent a lot of time at
Cranberry Lake when I was a kid.  Used to get wet in the Sound then run across and jump in the lake. Felt
like it was 100 degrees.  Just about ready to head south.  The wet winters are taking a toll on my joints.:)

When the only tool you have is a hammer, the whole world becomes a nail. I guess it works nearly the same for a staple gun.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom