Can I install a bathtub in my fifth wheel shower?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OnSabbatical

I'm about to buy a Sandpiper fifth wheel, and we're planning a year-long trip. That's a long time to go without a bath (I like to sit and read in there and my kid likes baths before going to sleep). Is there any simple way to install a bath in an existing shower?
I found this: http://www.dyersonline.com/lyons-36-x-24-parchment-front-center-drain-full-bathtub.html
but don't know if it's meant to replace an existing tub or go in a shower set up.
Thanks for any help/advice

This tub is only 3' long and 2' wide and 1' deep. I hope your entire family are small people. There's no way that tub would suit my needs and I'm average size.

Ha, I didn't see that length. . . .might be okay for my six-year-old. . . . 

Are there other options people know of getting a bath in an RV shower?

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-pumps-water/rv-shower-tub.htm?source=google&jadid=28512381024&jap=1t2&jk=rv%20bathtubs&jkId=8a8ae4cd468849b401468f47128e731d&jmt=1_b_&jp=&js=1&jsid=36859&jt=1&gclid=CLmz1dPtzcMCFZQvgQodFxsAaA

One thing folks forget to think about when wanting a bath tub in an RV is the small amount of hot water available.  If you have a 10 gallon hot water heater you get some extra hot water, but not tons of it.  An "on-demand" hot water heater would probably work.  RVs are not generally made for baths.

Marsha~

OnSabbatical said:
we're planning a year-long trip. That's a long time to go without a bath

You're not going to make many friends if you go a whole year without taking a bath.  ;D  Look for a brook or a river during that year.  Please!!!!!  ;) :D :eek: :-\ :p

A ten gallon water heater will put about three inches of hot water in that tiny tub. Assuming 50% cold water its barely sufficient to quickly bathe a child. And you'll probably have half filled the grey tank in the process!  I recommend showers! ;D

Ernie

I don't know how many campgrounds would allow this. 250 gallons of water and the electricity it must use to heat that water. OOCH!! :eek:

The old saying is that with enough money you can get anything done.
Realistically besides the physical location you will have issues with
enough hot water and gray-water holding tank size.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom