Lady gaga and Tony Bennnett

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
I don't get the Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga connection. They've hooked up for a show, but Tony can't hit the notes any more.

Tom said:
I don't get the Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga connection. They've hooked up for a show, but Tony can't hit the notes any more.

Neither can what's her name.    :-\

Tony Bennett is one of the great singers, and he's done a lot of great duet sessions, but he's definitely showing his age.

Tom, Tim and I saw Tony Bennett on Jan 30th in Palm Springs....he can still hit the notes.  He did slip on a couple; but over all he was great.  No lady gaga. 

Marsha~

If I can sing as well as either of these guys when I'm their respective age, I won't complain, although the audience might throw stuff at me  :(

I've seen Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga together and they are marvelous. Forget everything you thought you knew about her - when she performs with Tony she seems an entirely different person than her public personna. And she sings beautifully.  Tony himself just keeps on singing and grinning - what a guy! Maybe not quite up to the Tony Bennett of even 10 years ago, but still fabulous. But I love the music genre that he does anyway...

The Lady is a Tramp

Tonight my daughter Sheri and I are off to a Celtic Thunder concert at the Orlando Hard Roc, to immerse ourselves in some modern Irish-style music. And probably some Harp lager as well!

I've seen/heard the two sing together; Definitely a 'different' Lady Gaga.

Celtic Thunder has great harmonies; They sound even better after a few lagers  ;D

I love Lady GaGa. I love the message she promotes to her fans and I also love her music. Yes she wears unusual costumes, but that's her message, that you can wear what you want to wear and don't worry about others opinions. One of these days I will be brave enough to post a picture of me at her concert. :)

I listened to the link that Gary provided and it is an excellent Lady Gaga.  There are also duets with Amy Winehouse and Carrie Underwoodl  Tony is truly ageless.

Taylor Swift is also good countryside singer ~~~

I like the "Back to December": so this is me swallowing my pride standing in front of you saying i am sorry for that night ~~~

Somebody can tell me why it is December ? ;)

I have reasons for not caring for Taylor Swift. 

First, all of her songs sound exactly like all of her songs to me.  Same basic tunes & cadence.  She doesn't seem to have much more to say, both musically and lyrically.

Second, she is well known to be more than a little difficult to work with.  This comes from other musicians, producers, and probably all of her ex-boyfriends.  ;).  I know at least one Grammy winning producer who refused to work with her.

The last time I went to a songwriters conference the place was overrun by little TS wannabes.  They all tried to look like her and sound like her, and worse! write songs like her.  You know - all about me me me.

For my money Jamie Floyd, Julia Sinclair, and Liz Longley (all poised for national distribution) each has 10x Swifts talent.  And they are all nice people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom