Year round rv living in Va.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

O2BNRVER

Hello Folks. I was hoping for some input. I believe I already know the answer, but here it goes. Is year round living in in Northern Va. something that is reasonable? Location would be just South of Winchester (Strasburg area).

Right now I'm thinking the answer is no. The reason being temperature - with the obvious being keeping warm and water from freezing. The average temp in Dec. and Jan. is 30's with average highs and lows at 40 and 20.

Before I get too carried away with everything else that needs to be considered, the most important thing (in my opinion) would be the temp. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!!!

I know people in Delaware that fulltime all winter. One will have to take extra precautions to be keep water systems from freezing and keep the condensation down to an acceptable level to prevent condensation from forming. Try googling rving in winter, the internet is full of tips.  Are you staying put in one spot or traveling around? That can make a big difference on how you would handle things. If staying put in one spot, skirting the rv would be a major help, though some skirting can be put on and off if traveling.(vinyl/canvas types)

Thank you for your reply kdbgoat. I would be staying in one spot...but not forever! I'll try doing some research as you suggested. I will also look to see if there are any parks that operate year round. Perhaps they too would have some tips. Thanks again!

We've stayed at Ft Chiswell RV Park near Wytheville, VA (I know that's not northern VA) in temps as low as -4 deg.F a year ago January, and managed to stay comfortable. We didn't keep the water or waste lines hooked up of course, only connecting them as needed to fill or dump. Our two furnaces sure did suck some propane though!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom