1998 prowler septic tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~Mevil~

Hello! My older brother recently bought a 1998 prowler house trailer, whatever the correct term is haha but yeah, basically we know how to drain but seem like we can't drain it at all as septic tank seem to be clogged/ full so how do we unclog it so we can drain it properly? We googled, etc.. Nothing for our trailer type, what the heck. If anybody know how, it would be great!

How long has it been sitting full?  You're going to have to put some water in it to get the solids to start loosening up. When you open the toilet valve, can you see the solids? If you can see directly into the tank, you can use a high pressure washer to try and loosen things up.  You can also put some RIDEX in the tank to help dissolve the solids.  Let it sit for a couple of weeks.

If there is a clog at the tank outlet, you can buy a sewer pipe cap to put on the outlet of your sewer pipe. Get the one that has a male hose fitting on it. Then buy a double female adapter to screw onto it. Then hook a  non-potable water hose to the cap. Don't use one you may use to fill the fresh water tank with at a later date. Pressurize the hose and open up the black water tank drain valve. Just let the water run enough to unplug the clog. Then shut the water off, close the drain valve, remove the cap and try dumping again. You may have to do this quite a few times if there is a lot in there and it has dried out.

PS: It's not a septic tank. It is just a storage tank used to hold the black stuff long enough to drive to a dump station and get rid of it.

Only recently maybe 4 days, but the woman who sold him the trailer didn't drain the storage tank( thanks!) so we have no idea how long it has been there :/. My older bro said he already tried that few times :s even tried the toilet treatment, you pour those and wait for a bit. I suggested him to maybe buy new one and replace the current one but he won't ha just a suggestion jeez xP.

I think no matter what you do, you are going to have a mess..a big crappy mess....Where are you draining this into?
How full is the tank?......If not too full, I would put a fast running hose down through the toilet to get some turbulence in there to loosen up any solids. This is while the drain valve is opened to see if that helps.
Also, you notice that there are 2 drain valves at the outlet, right?....You are opening the large one to drain the sewage tank, right?....The small one is for the grey water tank (shower, sinks etc)

~Mevil~ said:
Only recently maybe 4 days, but the woman who sold him the trailer didn't drain the storage tank( thanks!) so we have no idea how long it has been there :/. My older bro said he already tried that few times :s even tried the toilet treatment, you pour those and wait for a bit. I suggested him to maybe buy new one and replace the current one but he won't ha just a suggestion jeez xP.

Can you put water in it and ride around for a while on some winding roads?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom