Replace dinette with desk - Amish company experience?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never did get a response from Focal Wood Products but Brad and Hall sent out the samples the same day I emailed them. Our rig has been in the shop getting satellite dish installed while we are in Florida for a couple weeks so I haven't been able to check the color yet to get back with them. But it seems they will be good to deal with.

Vicki

Thank you for the update. I like the look of what you are looking at and I am very interested.

shorts said:
Never did get a response from Focal Wood Products but Brad and Hall sent out the samples the same day I emailed them. Our rig has been in the shop getting satellite dish installed while we are in Florida for a couple weeks so I haven't been able to check the color yet to get back with them. But it seems they will be good to deal with.

Vicki
Did you ever get your dinette installed?

Not yet, should be ready in a week or two but our RV is in the shop for the next 3-4 weeks waiting on Forrest River to custom make a replacement water tank. (long story  :( ) So even when we get the desk it will be a little while before we can install and post pics.

Vicki

We have the free standing table and chairs so are using them with the desk. The table will slide under the desk and it will look just like the picture. As long as we measured correctly and they built to the correct specs. When set up we will only be able to use 2 of the dinette chairs, but that's all we were using anyway. We have the other 2 stored. If we need them, we can pull the table out and use all 4 chairs. We sent them a cabinet door so they matched the wood stain perfectly to our unit.

We've had the desk for awhile now but still waiting for our RV to be done. Supposed to get it in the next day or two. I will post pics when we get the desk in.

Vicki

Well we FINALLY got our RV back from the repair shop so we got to install the desk.  I have attached before and after pictures below. They matched all of the woodwork and cabinets in our RV perfectly, however as you can tell from the picture below, our table is a slightly different shade from all the rest of our woodwork. Oh well, we are happy with how it turned out and can't wait to get everything moved in the RV in a month or so and get on the road!  ;D

Vicki

Attachments

• Dinette Before (Small).jpg
    Dinette Before (Small).jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Desk-dinette After (Small).jpg
    Desk-dinette After (Small).jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 53
Are you anywhere near Eastern Pa. I'm satisfied with my desk that replaced two chairs. Owner of the company has room to park RV's and a pretty good selection in Orwigsburg, PA. They come unstained and if you want to do it yourself it would be a quick purchase and go. Getting it stained takes some time. <div>
<a href="https://www.facebook.com/Sculps-Hill-Good-Furniture-310585775652979/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">https://www.facebook.com/Sculps-Hill-Good-Furniture-310585775652979/</a>

My desk

Attachments

• desk.jpg
    desk.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 41
Thanks for the pictures. That is very nice and adds usable storage. It looks much better than just the table sitting there.

Ramblinbob, thanks for the information and the link.

Notayurt-------U iz brillant ;) -----------Your idea has probably saved Sweetie and me a lot of GRIEF, thanks big time.  See Pic for a dinette that is not suitable for us.
I can have a 1/2 desk made and still have room for a LIFT chair for my Wife in the same area.
Marvin

Back
Top Bottom