We're quirky?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
[quote author=8Muddypaws]... sometimes quirkiest RV board...[/quote]

???

That was a compliment on the quirky humor that sometimes pops up.  Sometimes it's you behind it!  LOL

Ah, OK, I just hadn't seen/heard that adjective applied to us.

Sometimes it's you behind it.

Many years ago, on another forum, an English forum member was having a tough time understanding my humor; More correctly, he was having a tough time recognizing that I was (jokingly) jerking his chain. A fellow staff member jumped in and said "it's just Tom's odd Welsh wit"  ;D

Chris often jumps in and tells folks "he's only kidding".

One of my favorites used to be when I dressed up like a penguin and attended corporate events. We'd sneak out early, but often someone would spot us and ask "why are you leaving?". With a straight face, I'd point at Chris and say "this is my rent-a-date and, if I don't get her home by midnight, she'll turn into a pumpkin". Their facial expressions and eyes were funny to observe and, before they figured out that the Cinderella story didn't end that way, we'd make a hasty retreat.

I have never worn a tux in my life!

I did wear a three piece suit to work once, without the pants.  I found a pair of boxers about 10 sizes too big.  I looked all over for sock garters to complete the ensemble but couldn't find them in time.

Quirky is good in my book.

When our prior Bronco was rear ended by a large Mac truck and sustained significant damage, the body shop tried to play games with the insurance company. When I exposed their scam and promised to report them to the Bureau of Automotive Repairs, the owner asked what I wanted done to the Bronco at his expense. He told Chris that I was the first guy he'd seen crawling on the floor of his shop and under a vehicle in a 3-piece suit.

Oh BTW I've worn my share of coveralls for a living in some pretty yucky environments.

I'd feel more at home in the overall than in a tux. 

When I started my career (careen) we wore lab coats in the computer room.  I even had a pocket protector.  Nobody batted an eye back then.  Wear the same get-up now and see what happens.

But the quirkiest was the guy who used to ride a motorcycle to work and never took his helmet off.  We called him 'Rocket Man'.  As I remember it he was eventually fired for costing to company hundreds of thousands in lost sales due to his programming mistakes.

So don't get too quirky Tom.  ;)

I worked in a research lab with some incredibly intelligent engineers, chemists and early computer nerds.  Oh .... the quirky stories I could tell. (But I'd best not!)  ;D

I had to look up "Quirky" in the Urban Dictionary...

something that is strange/not normal but cool So it appears that Quirky is the new Cool...

My teenage daughter informed me that "Quirky" is a nice way to say we are out of our gourds.  Guess I am quirky. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom