Crazy incident at the RV resort

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vmax1

Had an RC plane come out of the sky and just nail my jeep this afternoon, scared the heck out of me. Out of all the hundreds of cars and RV`s here it smacks my jeep. I pick up whats left of this nice plane and put it in the jeep, I guess I should take it to the police dept, just glad it didnt hit someone or little doggy.

Attachments

• bizarre3.jpg
    bizarre3.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 186
  • bizarre4.jpg
    bizarre4.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 202
I wonder if while the FCC is formulating new rules for the civilian small drones, if they should include a requirement for owner identification and contact info on all RC aircraft.

I haven't flown for years, but if I remember right you are suppose to have ID info attach some place in the plane. 

Last weekend some idiot was flying a drone in the state park, but justice prevailed, he got it hing up in a tall tree.  Poetic justice for stupidity.  "Stupid is as stupid does".

This looks like the cheap version sold in many stores as a toy for kids. I purchased one for my grandson and in the instructions it states they are a inside toy. We had a good laugh with that one but it seems if they get outside the controller distance they just keep going till the batt runs out and it falls and hits your Jeep. By the way the words in the instructions were " You should keep the unit a close distance to you or it will fly away and never come back."

Who ever was flying in all probability was at the park or very near by.  I'd have drove around the area looking for someone with a RC control unit in their hands.  On the up side, looks like all you got on the jeep is paint transfer from the plane and should buff out with no problem.

Back
Top Bottom